Bad injectors from River City Diesel?

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Has anyone on here bought their 6.0 injectors from RCD? I have 20 thousand miles on my 155s and the body's on them have cracked and leaked. The guy that does my work said he read this has happened with their injectors before. I'm not bashing RCD just looking for similar instances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Was the truck getting fuel in the oil?

Yes. I cracked a head awhile back and I'm thinking that's when it happened as well. I've had terrible luck lately. Been a great set up for the past year and everything going to **** lately. Drive it for a day then be broke for two months.

java

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you with my 6.0. I have fuel in my oil also, I'm thinking my injector bodies have cracked too. My injectors are from holders, I need to send them back I just don't have time to pull them right now.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you with my 6.0. I have fuel in my oil also, I'm thinking my injector bodies have cracked too. My injectors are from holders, I need to send them back I just don't have time to pull them right now.

Yeah I've drivin mine about 5 times since January 2

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
This must be a more common issue than i thought. We put 3 sets of injectors in a truck a finally jasper sent us a warranty engine. We think the head was cracked in the casting where the fuel goes through.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
This must be a more common issue than i thought. We put 3 sets of injectors in a truck a finally jasper sent us a warranty engine. We think the head was cracked in the casting where the fuel goes through.

I believe so. The guy that does my work said he's heard of it happening a few times as well.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
so are you saying you have found cracks in your injectors? Do you have any pictures?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Josh and his guys build some of the best 6.0 injectors on the market. They don't manufacture the bodies though, but I never saw a single body cracked in 5 years.

Nozzle, yes, from air in fuel.

Did you do new remans? Have you sent them in for Tyler to inspect?

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Josh and his guys build some of the best 6.0 injectors on the market. They don't manufacture the bodies though, but I never saw a single body cracked in 5 years.

Nozzle, yes, from air in fuel.

Did you do new remans? Have you sent them in for Tyler to inspect?

Oh no doubt they have all my parts come from them. But yes I went that route and they were emailed today and they always take good care of us so I'm sure they will be inspected and everything will work out accordingly.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I believe so. The guy that does my work said he's heard of it happening a few times as well.
We did a new motor and new injectors at the same time so we aren't sure what exactly fixed it but at least its fixed. Jasper sent us a new motor after we did all the diagnostics they wanted us to do and alliant called and said all the injectors were bad and sent us a whole new set. They had gotten a clean bill of health from the local injector shop so idk, it was very odd. I pulled the oil rail and put shop air in through the fuel port in the heads and used soapy water to check for leaks and couldn't find a thing. We think it was either a internal injector issue or a cracked head that leaked slightly when warmed up.

BogginF350

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we emailed you back before you posted this, but the injectors in question were his cores modified to 155/30 in 2012. And like we said in the email, send them in and we will take a look. You can only speculate about something that happened four years ago.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
In regards to his injectors I was not attempting to bash, just asking if anyone had similar occurrences

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
We did a new motor and new injectors at the same time so we aren't sure what exactly fixed it but at least its fixed. Jasper sent us a new motor after we did all the diagnostics they wanted us to do and alliant called and said all the injectors were bad and sent us a whole new set. They had gotten a clean bill of health from the local injector shop so idk, it was very odd. I pulled the oil rail and put shop air in through the fuel port in the heads and used soapy water to check for leaks and couldn't find a thing. We think it was either a internal injector issue or a cracked head that leaked slightly when warmed up.

Yeah it's an issue that took forever to find. Never been this frustrated with it before.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
00209beb5857a2937c3502c03084cae4.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
In regards to his injectors I was not attempting to bash, just asking if anyone had similar occurrences

Yea... But coming out and making a thread specifically saying what was said doesn't come off as clean as you may think. :badidea:

swinky

Reaction score
My rcds are old as can be with no issues. Only thing is they were supposed to be 275s but they only flowed 250 honestly that's probably not bad though considering how old they are.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
My rcds are old as can be with no issues. Only thing is they were supposed to be 275s but they only flowed 250 honestly that's probably not bad though considering how old they are.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I was not putting the blame on them as everyone is putting it to be never had a problem with their products. A head cracked as well and thinking it could have been pressure. Who knows. I'm sure it will work out.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
But you jumped the gun on RCD....

Now whether or not it's their issue, anyone who comes in here will be biased on their products.

It ticks my tock cause this happens to us all the time and it's not our fault. We run certain products, try out new things, but always back up issues if their are any just as I'm sure RCD will.

Latest posts

Members online