2013-06-24 18.27.43.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 190
  • 2013-07-22 20.34.28.jpg
    2013-07-22 20.34.28.jpg
    944 KB · Views: 200

Isaac313

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a white CCLB 2008 6.4 xl and I was wondering if anyone had modified those headlights (sealed service truck ones)? I'd be interested in HID or LED conversions possibly, or HID/LED in the standard lights, if I bought some. This thread is really cool. My brother has real harley lights in his 2001 and they look really cool.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Last edited:

Canadian6.4

Reaction score
What type of paint did you guys use? Automotive? Did you use clear too? And do you only need the adhesion promoter or primer after the promotor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian6.4

Reaction score
Also, could you not put orange LED's in the reflector after paint and run them with a different switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWhite

Reaction score
I just used dupli-color and the adhesion promoter from autozone when I did mine and it turned out pretty good.

Isaac313

Reaction score
Any more white trucks? I like the black with white reflector and black with striped white reflector (that I've seen on this thread so far) Anyone ever paint the xl headlights? I'm thinking of painting mine white, after I put the xlt headlights on.

Isaac313

Reaction score
My brothers 6.7 an my 6.4

Really like this 6.4 light, and the one like it (from earlier in thread), but no reflector shining through. Can't decide between all the options. All black, the two mentioned, or something different. I want to start on mine in the morning. I have a CCLB white 6.4 xl. I got new headlights to do this, so I'm just trying to figure out what colors I want, and then get the stuff to do it all. Possibly thinking of leaving a portion of the reflector sticking out, with a decal type thing, like put some tape over the reflector in a way that it says ford or superduty etc etc after I paint it and pull the tape. Any idea that way? I could always paint the "decal" after the original paint dries, so it's not white with a orange Ford sign etc.

Thanks,
Isaac

Isaac313

Reaction score
I need a little help here... I have a white xl cclb and here is what I have. I painted my headlights, and here's one with the pinstripe tape taken off, and the one without it. So one has the edge and one doesn't. I haven't put them on the truck yet, but here's the basic look. (this is not glued, just fitted for looks) The photo is a little funny here. The white stripes look a bit better in person.

2568qs8.jpg

Isaac313

Reaction score
Turns out, the white stripes don't look so good on my truck.... :(

Anyway, I just painted them both all black, with a white reflector. I'll try to get some pics on the truck soon, after I glue them back together and install them. I also have to finish up my pigtails, but I'm almost done.

Isaac313

Reaction score
Shoulda posted a long time ago.... lol

Here's a pic of my truck with the headlights (of course) and I got the lift and big wheels and tires since then too.

qn723a.jpg

and a front shot too...

19786u.jpg

Forgive that she's dirty, they are really clear and look great when clean. This was the night I got my lift on, like 5 minutes after I got all the tools dried (it was raining... :'( and put away. It settled a little and looks way better now as a whole.

Isaac313

Reaction score
Do you have stock lights with condensation? After I painted mine, just once or twice, I had a little bit of condensation and it would go away very quickly, out the one way valve for condensation. That's what that funny piece of black "tape" is on the back of the light housing. If yours are painted already (meaning you split them and put them back together before) they could have condensation because you didn't seal them all the way. What you could do is unbolt the headlight from the truck, and just run a bigg bead of rtv, or windshield silicone around the outside where it goes together to make sure it's sealed. Also take the bulb holders out, and let the light air out, use a hairdryer or a heat gun to make it go a little faster, just get some warm air in the light itself.

Basically with the resealing, just make sure you use some kind of good OUTDOOR sealant, stuff that always stays pliable. Won't get stiff and/or crack.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.