Balancing tires

drservo

Reaction score
1350 Toyos on Fuel Mavericks- Is there a better way to balance these than a small bag of beads? Mine is fine until 70mph and up then it gets a pretty bad shake. Tire guy said that's the only way to balance them.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
find a shop that has a roadforce balancer. Only way to go. I tried the sand bags before. The theory is great but it was never consistent for me.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Bags are a lazy tech's way out of doing the work and lifting the wheel, find a new shop or tech. Road force is great, if the tread is real aggressive it may not work properly but Toyo's should work fine. Problem is the amount of meat on each lug, they will need to be re balanced eventually with wear, not a big deal. You can also use the Centramatic in combo with a proper balance and both of those together should do the trick for pretty much anything.

Here's the Road Force and MT as discussed, look for the large roller in the back
HunterBalancer.jpg

http://www.centramatic.com/how-centramatic-balancers-work.rhtml

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I have a brand new set of centramatics sitting in the box if anyone is interested in them. They were a big help before I got my tires roadforce balanced. After the seemed to make it worse.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
You don't need it road force balanced. Just a balancing machine is enough. Road force is really not that beneficial for mud terrains but if you want to.

Just have them properly balanced by a qualified tech

ftast350

Reaction score
Beads worked great on my 37" Baja Claws, 35" Procomp X terrain and 35" MTZs. I did a bag and a half in each tire though.

Notneb

Reaction score
Seriously, find a dif tire shop, sounds like those guys really don't know wtf they're doing...

drservo

Reaction score
Went to a shop and they balanced them on the machine yesterday. Funny thing is the bags of beads the other shop showed me they were using disappeared, said none of the tires had beads in them. No wonder my coffee was everywhere at 70mph LOL. She's smooth now

getstroked27

Reaction score
I've ran beads in a bunch of different setups, from 20's with 305/55 up to 24x14's with 40's, ive had my 22x14's and 35's up to 120 without a single issue. theres specs on how many Ounces of bead to use for different setups.

Latest posts

Members online