Banjo bolt upgrade 7.3

Footz

Reaction score
Is there any noticeable difference in stalling the large hole banjo boots to dry and rear of each head ?

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
I got the ones from riffraff, nothing you can tell.
1942b9e94140e3503a2081d9f630ae3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The Brad

Reaction score
I gained 60hp and 8mpg after installing the banjo bolts......NOT! Only difference was the warm squishy feeling knowing I added some cool anodized billet to the motor.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
pull the stockers out and drill the holes bigger and reinstall. wont notice a difference other than help a lil with fuel volume.. it is a restriction point to some extent.

just be careful when tightening. can twist them off..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hucorey

Reaction score
It's absolutely no restriction. Absolutel waste of money.

The cross section area of the 4 holes is .030 larger than the I.D. of the fuel line the feeds it. I know plenty of trucks close to 1000hp on stock banjos with no fuel pressure drop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It's absolutely no restriction. Absolutel waste of money.

The cross section area of the 4 holes is .030 larger than the I.D. of the fuel line the feeds it. I know plenty of trucks close to 1000hp on stock banjos with no fuel pressure drop.

i completely get the theory of it but
it still has to go in and be forced out each hole kinda like a dead head affect. definitely wont hurt it but like you said, lots of high hp 7.3s have them and do fine.. it very well could make a difference on a smaller fuel pump setup like a stocker or a wlabro vs a bigger aeromotive or the like pump that puts out more. if they want to do it then go for it... my dually still runs stock banjos but im only feeding 170/100s with a single walbro pump..

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
it still has to go in and be forced out each hole kinda like a dead head affect. definitely wont hurt it but like you said, lots of high hp 7.3s have them and do fine.. it very well could make a difference on a smaller fuel pump setup like a stocker or a wlabro vs a bigger aeromotive or the like pump that puts out more. if they want to do it then go for it... my dually still runs stock banjos but im only feeding 170/100s with a single walbro pump..

This thought right here is why I installed the strictly diesel banjos when my motor was out. Gain anything, doubtful, hurt anything, nope!

hucorey

Reaction score

No theory at all, proven factual data. Especially when you feed all 4 corners.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
No theory at all, proven factual data. Especially when you feed all 4 corners.

feeding all 4 corners is a totally different animal and i dont believe anyone in this thread that has inquired about it is even doing so...

hucorey

Reaction score
Drilling banjos out is still pointless. The factory Parker vibra-lok fittings in the heads is where your restriction is. Po Pl the tiny snap ring and let the guts fall out and wahlah, high flow fitting.

As for the 4 line feed, you completely missed my point and making it into semantics.

m j

Reaction score
Diesel Innovations has the best banjo replacement, removes all the choke points hucorey is talking about.
the gain is unlikely to be in hp, but might show in fuel pump longevity.
moves all the restrictions post injector.
I havent seen any good data on fuel systems, would be interesting to see the pressure in the lines prior to the head vs at the reg in a rr setup

Latest posts

Members online