banks 6 gun

Wright337

Reaction score
Is anyone running a banks 6 gun on a 6.0? I have had one for a while now but haven't put it on. Everyone says use an sct but since I have already have this would it hurt anything? My truck is a later 04 with an egr delete and 4 in exh. Any thoughts would be great. It has 240k miles also

Wright337

Reaction score
Ok thanks. That was the main thing that I was worried about was the head gaskets since I have never had anything done to them. It just seams that everybody preaches/ pushes the sct for 6.0

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Ok thanks. That was the main thing that I was worried about was the head gaskets since I have never had anything done to them. It just seams that everybody preaches/ pushes the sct for 6.0

The preaching about the SCT is every bit of what it is cracked up to be. With the SCT programmer you can run custom tunes on your truck opposed to the "canned" tunes your banks came with. Custom tune's can be adapted to your trucks modifications and driving styles. I for one would recommend Innovative Diesel's non-stud tunes, they will be much safer on your truck opposed to the banks tunes.

Wright337

Reaction score
Ok thanks again. I may run this till I can save up enough money to go with the sct. We will see how it goes.

Wright337

Reaction score
Can't friday. Going back home to my shop to put my lift back under my truck. Do you know anybody that has an sct for sell a reasonable price?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you dont want to buy one new check psn or the org's for sale section. I've been trying to find my friend a x3 with no luck. Where is home at??

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Oh. Also check ebay. You can probably get a deal there and probably could get an x2. I think they work just as well.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I prefer the canned performance tune on the sct it is great for a dd. I do not like any of my custom race tunes wish i never bought them...

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I think you can get custom tunes on an x2 but really best thing to do is get an x3. When we meet up ill let you test out innovatives tunes and gearheads tunes and see what you like best.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
Ok thanks again. I may run this till I can save up enough money to go with the sct. We will see how it goes.

You can always sell your banks six gun, craigslist/ebay etc or even post them on some of the PS forums and see if you get someone who just absolutely wants banks instead of an SCT. That way you offset the cost of a SCT. I'll parot what other's have been saying about the tuner, it by far is the one and only as far as i'm concerned. Gives you the ability to have EXACTLY the tune you want that fits your needs.

I prefer the canned performance tune on the sct it is great for a dd. I do not like any of my custom race tunes wish i never bought them...

Congratulations, your one of the few people i've ever heard say this. All it would have taken is a call to your tuner to tweak your tunes to your liking, but it sounds like you may not have done this.... They could adjust whatever it was you didn't like..:popcorn:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Innovative ftw
Only time i run GH is 150 miles before i go to the track!

Latest posts

Members online