Batmo wheel install cab on help

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Looking for someone that has done this install cab on. I am to the point where the compressor housing is ready to come out. I realized last night there is one bolt I didn't see originally that's holding the housing together. I can't figure out how it's possible to get that bottom bolt on the right side. It's got me scratching my head. Any tips would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
I believe he was pulling the whole low pressure turbo out. I am just splitting the housing to swap the wheel out

TD-5

Reaction score
That bolt does come out but it is a PIA & will test your patience. I bent & ground a wrench to fit in there getting at it from left side (drivers side) one partial flat at a time. I also had the HP compressor housing off & the fuel cooler & turbo interconnection tube out which made more room. It will only back out part way before it hits the housing behind it, then you will need to very carefully move the compressor housing out bringing the bolt with it and giving you enough room to turn it all the way out. If I remember right, once I had it nicely loosened up I was able to get one finger from each side & work it out . On mine the compressor housing ran into the fuel supply line to the HPFP , so I had to undo the brackets on the fuel line & massage it slightly for clearance.

Last edited:

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
This is the bolt at the bottom on the drivers side right?

TD-5

Reaction score
There is one lower down on the left ( drivers side) , & there is one at the very bottom that's the PIA

Attachments

• IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    418.2 KB · Views: 63

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Yep that's the one. I know it's got me wanting to just put everything back together and forget about the batmo wheel haha

Latest posts

Members online