Battery light came on

t.rider.013

Reaction score
My boss has a 2014 F350 6.7 he was driving the other day and out of nowhere the battery light came on. He has dual alternators and batteries. I told him to check he scanner tool to check actual battery voltage under load and it was reading 13.5 to 13.6 average. I also mentioned it could be 1 dead alternator is not working under load. What should he check as far as voltage on the alternator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I had this problem arise on my 2011 F-350 after replacing a water pump. It ended up being a bad spot in the harness that goes under the front of the engine from the alternators to the PCM. It's usually a trace wire that monitors output. The local shop here just wired in a jumper wire from the alternator to the PCM, which works for now but once I get my garage finished and have some downtime I'm planning on replacing the harness.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
How new are the batteries? They need load tested. One alternator runs it just fine. 2 is just to keep up with demand of a plow or radio system or anything that has to do with fire and rescue.