BD-power trans 5R110

30 yards

Reaction score
Hi Guy's

Bear with me here.

I am a die hard ford guy. Had to trade my 14' ecoboost in for the new Connect for my wife. I have a few kids, as you can see:morons: So, this means that I now get a diesel! I am picking up a well built 6.0. It's in need of a new turbo, the old one died. I am going to replace it with a 2.5 barder turbo. I know from previous experience, and taking with people, the trans will more than likely go out not to far after the turbo upgrade.

Do any of you have any feedback on the BD-Power trans? It's the 5R110.

Thanks again guys!

Twan

Reaction score
What makes you think your trany will fail from upgrading a turbo?

I put a powder max and tuner on at 75k the. Around 120 I did bigger injectors, I'm on 37's stock gears. My stock trany is still alive at 190k now. The motor didn't live though lol.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Subd.

I put a stage 2 Barder with stock sticks and don't really see how it's hard on be tranny. Unless your wide open all the time I haven't really seen much abuse. I am running a "lightswitch" tune currently, so it doesn't even really light until the upper rpms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
tuning is ket here. Get with Matt at GH Tuning and have him build you a file. the trans will last as long as your right foot lets it. And to answer your question, more than one member has had ppor experience with the BD trans. Hit up someone like Morgan @ Midwest Diesel & Auto for a kick as$ trans.

30 yards

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The truck I am picking up has 190/100 injectors with a stage 2 billet cam. I was thinking of staying with a VTG turbo, but open to suggestions. I will also start looking into tuning.

Latest posts

Members online