BD Turbo Thruster II *****ty videos* and half ass review

Skinny

Reaction score
Alright after two weeks having this on i thought i should probably write something on this thing. I notice my egt's are lower at 70 mph im about 700 deg boost is around 5-7 psi. Truck has more top end then before but takes longer to spool i need to tune the diverter valve abit first couple days in lock up around 70 mph truck was a dog every day seems like it gets better and better. It for sure needs some more fuel to get it lit ill be trying some injectors that are abit lower then 190s. I have some videos but no WOT runs yet but i got these for now.

easy driving
http://youtu.be/O9Tfh23gwxM

uphill pull
http://youtu.be/Kfh34LtOnmE

will have WOT run tonight

Last edited:

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Ummm, am I the only one that hears the sound of a possible exhaust leak? That howl sounds a lot like when I had an uppipe leak at the V-band clamp on the turbo...you check the turbo connection for black soot at all? Might explain a tad bit of the lag.

That or it sounds like my 62mm non VGT did right before it fragmented! Both sounded pretty similar! :doh:

Here is a video of mine shortly before it imploded...same noise you have at about 2000 rpm and up. I miss that turbo...30 lbs of boost at 2500 rpm. :thumbsup:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited:

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i ran a non divertered thruster with stock sticks,and it was awesome. also ran a 64/71 with stock sticks.

i didnt have problems spinning either of them. dd was great.

kevin

Reaction score
Yea them bellows can crack easy when installing the turbo... That b-band can be a pain in its self to..

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Check the v-band first. Sometimes it can be a PITA to get the thing to seat right. You can get the v-band on there and tight, but not lined up and sealed...

I'm sure that is it. Like I said, my 62 sounded like that when I had a bad seal on the V-band. The video I posted was before it grenaded which sounded identical...

what a mess

Reaction score
just put your truck in drive hold the break and give it some gas if its leaking it will smoke from under the hood trust me i know! heh thats how i foudn my leak we ended up dble nutting the vband

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Something is a miss. I got 398 with my stock turbo and 37's with Xrace. You should be well above that. Did they mention a leak or anything?

Skinny

Reaction score
nope i ran it on the dyno .. i got my new injectors sitting beside me so when i do that ill will be checking for leaks and also be installing the controler for the diverter valve in the cab so i can tune it on the fly

Latest posts

Members online