Berman's 7.3 build

dsberman94

Reaction score
Pushrods and sway bar end links will be here today. Hopefully both installed this weekend but the forecast isn't looking helpful

dsberman94

Reaction score
Does anyone know the shop time to install sway bar end links? I'm thinking about atleast tackling the drivers side tomorrow morning if the rain stops tonight. If it'll take too long then I'll just do them when I get a chance and the weather cooperates.

Posted from ***itville, USA

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Does anyone know the shop time to install sway bar end links? I'm thinking about atleast tackling the drivers side tomorrow morning if the rain stops tonight. If it'll take too long then I'll just do them when I get a chance and the weather cooperates.

Do them one at a time. 5 minutes per side unless you have severely corroded bolts.

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Do them one at a time. 5 minutes per side unless you have severely corroded bolts.

live life full throttle

Bolts look really clean so it should go simple then. And since ive been up all night I'm gonna go start that as soon as the sun comes up. Then maybe old turbo disassembly. Then class. Then home to do more truck stuff. Lol. Did I mention pushrods see here too

dsberman94

Reaction score
Anyone know if riffraffs treated factory forged rods are way better than just normal factory forged rods? What power level will they hold to?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Anyone know if riffraffs treated factory forged rods are way better than just normal factory forged rods? What power level will they hold to?

Cryod rods dont really allow for more power. It simply makes all the rods the same strength. Takes all the defects out per say...

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Cryod rods dont really allow for more power. It simply makes all the rods the same strength. Takes all the defects out per say...

live life full throttle

Well, learned something new today. Worth the $500 for them when the time comes or no?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well, learned something new today. Worth the $500 for them when the time comes or no?

Yeah.. if you dont have forged rods now then its worth it. But for those who already have forged rods then its prolly more cost effective to send them in and have them Cryod...

live life full throttle

bruce

Reaction score
to me they aint worth 500. you can't just pull out a set of pmr and throw those in and expect to be peachy. the rotating assembly needs to be balanced so at that point you're lookin at a rebuild. I wouldn't pay 500 for a stock set of rods when I can buy complete forged rod engines for not much more than that

dsberman94

Reaction score
So here my stock turbo and the reason I took it off and replaced it.
a2eda3a5.jpg
je2eba2a.jpg
a3adaba8.jpg
u8uguvur.jpg
as well as the axial play that caused that to happen.

dsberman94

Reaction score
And after looking at the rebuild kit instruction on riffraff just to see how everything was supposed to be, it was ***ed up baaad

dsberman94

Reaction score
Ok I know it's around somewhere but I can't find it. how much do guys with the 38r tighten down the wastegate actuator?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Holds at 25 while bp is in the 40s

This is right. 25 is the boost. Add atmospheric pressure to that. 25+14.2=39.2 if the back pressure is 40 or a hair over you're real close to 1:1.

As for your boost number, it may be a tad low. If you tighten the actuator down all the way so it'll just use barely open, you may squeeze 28 out of it.

Hope that answers your questions.

dsberman94

Reaction score
As for your boost number, it may be a tad low. If you tighten the actuator down all the way so it'll just use barely open, you may squeeze 28 out of it.

Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks. Tighten it down as far as it will go then?

TyCorr

Reaction score
No tighten it down so the wastegate butterfly will juuuust barely open. If you tighten it totally the wastegate may be rendered inoperable. Unless that's your goal.

dsberman94

Reaction score
No tighten it down so the wastegate butterfly will juuuust barely open. If you tighten it totally the wastegate may be rendered inoperable. Unless that's your goal.

So it'll be a bit of a guess and check type deal. I don't want to pull the turbo do I'm gonna try it while still on the engine.

Last edited: