Best 19.5" tires.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Any recommendations for tires for a 08 f450? What do you guys run and are you running different tires in the front vs the rear?

Buck1

Reaction score
I had Bridgestone 451 or 461 all around. Put 80k o the rear and still 50% tread. They were good in the snow. Noisy and chopped in the front. Now I have some toyo in the back and real quiet. Not so good in the snow and enough tread height it was loose in the back for a while. More side wall as well, as I went up 2" in overall diameter.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
245/19.5 Michelin XDS2. Fantastic tire. Wear, traction, and the smoothest commercial riding tire i have ever drove. They are on the pricey side, but trust me a lessor expensive Double coin RLB 490 will only satisfy you till you cant stand to be in the truck anymore. The vibrations, shimmying its horrible. They rattled the truck apart. I had to change every latch, and striker in the truck.

XDS2 The only way to fly.

psduser1

Reaction score
Best for what?
Im running Michelin 245/70s, xze on basically a f350. They've got about 50k on them, still better than 80% tread. Plenty of weight rating, in fact well over the truck/rear axle rating, weight wise.
I want to say about 480/tire, but should be good for as many miles as your willing to drive.
Course, as soon as the truck hits wet grass, you better have a tow strap, even with 4wd.

I bought these used from a member her, no weights anywhere on the rims, so either someone spent some time balancing, or its got balance bags or beads inside the tires. Rides pretty good for a medium duty tire, for sure. Minimal vibrations.

Last edited:

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Best for towing and some traction in dirt, snow and grass would be a plus. I like the look of the xds2 tread pattern. It will be pulling pull trucks around most the time.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Your running xds2's all around? Any one try beads in the tires for balancing?

I run xds2 all around. Have them match force balanced, and and spin balanced. Smooth as glass. Dont add any internal balancing chit.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Buy Centramatics. Work wonders.

The other thing would run Dynabeads.
I run Centramatics on the dually and Dynabeads in everything else including the sportbike.
I have never had good luck with spin balancing in the past. Always had better with the static bubble balance.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Where do you find spin balancing? Cant find it any where local to me.

Service tire, Sandone tire, any commercial tire wholesaler.

I run Centramatics on the dually and Dynabeads in everything else including the sportbike.
I have never had good luck with spin balancing in the past. Always had better with the static bubble balance.

commercial tires are tough. But the best thing to do is have them MATCH FORCE BALANCED. It puts the heavy spot in the rim, and the heavy spot in the tire, and mounts them 180 degrees apart. Then you spin, static, bubble balancing will be spot on.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Why not just use dynamic balancing and when the balancing of the tire changes so does the weights.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I will thanks for the permission. I was just stating my experience. If you have balanced tired before then most tires are marked for valve stem. I have been through spin balancing to road force. All I would get some vibrations at different speeds. Dynamic solved it.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I will thanks for the permission. I was just stating my experience. If you have balanced tired before then most tires are marked for valve stem. I have been through spin balancing to road force. All I would get some vibrations at different speeds. Dynamic solved it.

alot of tires are just ****. No matter what you do, you will get vibrations. Most people dont want to pay for good tires. So they put cheap **** on that god himself cannot balance. The end result is only as good as the materials used.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Yeah I bought a set of the centramatics and they weren't fitting I needed to machine them to fit and I just need to get around to doing it cause the balancing beads suckkkkkk. My last set of Double coins were fine but this set just will not balance with just the beads.

Swsignal5

Reaction score
I'm running Michelin xds2's also. Best tire I've used but cost a nice coin. I've also ran road masters which are a Chinese made Bridgestone. There great for wear and decent on ride. Less than half the price too

tbsimmons

Reaction score
alot of tires are just ****. No matter what you do, you will get vibrations. Most people dont want to pay for good tires. So they put cheap **** on that god himself cannot balance. The end result is only as good as the materials used.

You are right. Cheap tires are crap to balance. Had the problem growing up in a mechanic shop.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Yeah I bought a set of the centramatics and they weren't fitting I needed to machine them to fit and I just need to get around to doing it cause the balancing beads suckkkkkk. My last set of Double coins were fine but this set just will not balance with just the beads.

Most likely needed more beads.
I didn't have to do anything to put the Centramatics on. What are they hitting.

You coming down for NHRDA.
Some of us are camping for the weekend.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
They hit my adaptors for my american forces I got the ones for 22.5 not 19.5's and you think that could be it? Its fine till 60 then all hell breaks loose and it shakes bad. No I wish this year my fire academy is still going on so I won't be able to make it down there, next year!

Most likely needed more beads.
I didn't have to do anything to put the Centramatics on. What are they hitting.

You coming down for NHRDA.
Some of us are camping for the weekend.

JD3020

Reaction score
My f-450 has like new Firestone FS 560(i think) on the front, and Triangle MTR's on the rear's. Truck rides great, no shakes or vibrations. No idea how they were balanced, but theres no visible weights.

Latest posts

Members online