Best 2.6 charger for a 7.3?

Reaction score
I'm slowly getting list of parts I need to buy to get a 2.6 truck together to pull in the Middle Tn area and was wondering what seems to work best, I'm going to have Full Force Flow my injectors above my 250/200s and hopefully run a Gen3, what has been the better turbo to go with so far??

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
Not to be a d!ck but you better re think your injectors if you wanna be even close to competing. After you get that figured out you can think about a hx60 or big s400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
The best of the best 2.6 chargers now days are gt 55s , hx80s and a few s500s. They are massive. 250/200s isn't even close.

Reaction score
The best of the best 2.6 chargers now days are gt 55s , hx80s and a few s500s. They are massive. 250/200s isn't even close.

Yeah, gonna need more fuel.

Harts is still building hx60's as of last I knew. I've never seems a bigger 2.6 platform. With the size of the turbine idk if you would get much gain going that large.

If you get some more fuel Morgan prim has two hx60s for sale. Be perfect for you with some more fuel.

Yes I have a couple very nice 2.6 chargers that at least when built were the cream of the crop.

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
Unless they have been able to get things figured out with the large frame chargers (hx80's gt55's etc) the hx60's were out performing them in a 2.6 configuration. I had spoke with some shops this summer about a large frame 2.6, same answer across the board, not as much power as the same engine with a hx60 or other "mid frame" charger.

DMDP

Reaction score
That's what Brandon told me last time I spoke to him. No details other then they had 2 of them out for testing last season and they were gonna release them for 2015

Reaction score
I'm already running 250/200s and an Adrenaline, Cass will flow them to 350/200s for really reasonable or 400/400s for not much more.. I'm going to use the Adrenaline with the Gen3 set up and will be working with Mondello Racing in Crossville Tenn on the heads. I live with 30 min of Cass and I had a chance to talk with him about the improvements they've made, they keep getting faster, he won't tell how or why but Damon Moore's Black F350 CCLB is giving these Duramaxes fits not to mention he put 20ft on the Tymar 12v last year in Belvidere and that's what he is running...

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
I'm already running 250/200s and an Adrenaline, Cass will flow them to 350/200s for really reasonable or 400/400s for not much more.. I'm going to use the Adrenaline with the Gen3 set up and will be working with Mondello Racing in Crossville Tenn on the heads. I live with 30 min of Cass and I had a chance to talk with him about the improvements they've made, they keep getting faster, he won't tell how or why but Damon Moore's Black F350 CCLB is giving these Duramaxes fits not to mention he put 20ft on the Tymar 12v last year in Belvidere and that's what he is running...

So your saying this black truck is running 250's? Or 400's? There's a big difference between the two, about 2-300hp worth.
I'll make it simple, get cass to build you the biggest/fastest set of injectors he can, build the engine maximizing airflow and then pick the turbo builder of choice. Harts, D&J, precision etc all have good stuff as well as many others. Depends on how serious you are, a top of the line charger from a big name will cost you 4k +

smoker00

Reaction score
So your saying this black truck is running 250's? Or 400's? There's a big difference between the two, about 2-300hp worth.
I'll make it simple, get cass to build you the biggest/fastest set of injectors he can, build the engine maximizing airflow and then pick the turbo builder of choice. Harts, D&J, precision etc all have good stuff as well as many others. Depends on how serious you are, a top of the line charger from a big name will cost you 4k +

This is good advice..

Mite see what Morgan wants for those HX60 turbos. also..

Reaction score
I appreciate all the advice you guys have to give, there are some really good people on this website and I thank you all that you offer. This stuff isn't cheap and I know it can turn into a total mess of carnage if you don't listen to others who have wisdom. I got hooked on this sh*# when I worked for a trucking company back in Michigan that had two Hot Stock Cabovers, I'm by no means completely funded to do it all at once or in three months but I would like to know where to plant my money as well as have fun, thee absolute most important part.

Reaction score
I've always wondered how much head work had been done to Double Overtimes Heads to flow that much air... A 2.6 charger in all respects is a small charger for the 7.3, and you're right, I'm gonna use Mondello for the cylinder head work, they have more experience than anyone in the business, they've done dozens of heads for big time NTPA tractors and the best part is they are only an hr and a half from where I live which is huge, who would you recommend for tuning this whole mess..

bruce

Reaction score
Why don't you ever consult swamps? If you're that close to Cass then you can't be too far from swamps.

Reaction score
I have, I will be running their IDM, and few other parts and pieces as well, Golfer has been extremely supportive, I am not here to bash vendors or say this or that, I am just looking for any ones honest two cents at this point..

Latest posts

Members online