best delete tunes for 2015

20156point7

Reaction score
There was a thread similar to this awhile back and it turned into a free for all lol. I have been running pip tunes since nov and I'm very satisfied with them, I have never ran anybody's elses tunes so I can't compare but If it was me I would go pip because more people has them and they are proven.

oxcobra

Reaction score
I currently run pip tunes, was just curious looking for real world experience from people. Maybe someone that had tried a couple different and had some reviews or pros and cons for them.

MikeH

Reaction score
Running Innovative, no complaints and only experience is with them. Considering PIP just to try others out. Will more than likely email Mike once it warms up here to get his set.

Josh F250

Reaction score
I've run innovative and PIP - I like PIP performance tune best of what I've tried. I've run it most of the 5k miles my truck has on it now with combo of highway and city driving as well as pulling some boats, a travel trailer, and a gooseneck with suburban. Done great in all of the above.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
PIP tuning here. NO issues and lots of pedal left to get it going on Street. Would like to see what develops over time for the tunes. Hope the aftermarket "competition" drives the tuning to new levels and prices down.

samsquatch47

Reaction score
I'm running innovative's on my f450. Has some problems they can't resolve. Randomly throws U0074 and U0106. Then the glow plugs won't work till I clear the code. Ford tech told me its cause the NOx box on the frame and the glow plug module are powered by the same circuit. So if the truck glitches, can't see the NOx box it cuts power to the glow plug module too? I don't know. Apparently I'm the only 15 to have the issue. Truck only has 6000 miles on it. Plus now it's like it randomly tries to regen at highway cruise speeds. Boost drops to -6 psi and egts will keep climbing and climbing till I pull over or floor it then the turbo makes boost and cools it off.
Again I'm the "only one" apparently that has issues so the only help I get is to reload the tunes and update my sct livewire. Which I've done over and over again. I'm hoping someone else has an issue so I can get this fixed. It throws no codes when it does this and also the engine sounds like it's rattling or pinging like a gas job with too much timing when it screws up. Frustrating...

oxcobra

Reaction score
Ya I have never experienced any of that. I'm loaded the extreme tune last night and been driving around doing the relearn on it. I will say this thing will roast those 35s pretty easy from a rolling punch

MikeH

Reaction score
I'm running innovative's extreme on my '15 as well. No issues to date. Keep us informed on the outcome of your 450 issues.

samsquatch47

Reaction score
So you guys running innovative's tunes did you unscrew the sensors from the exhaust or just unplug the harness and tie up the wires? I can't seem to get a straight answer what the tune is designed for. Mine is all unplugged then I filled all the open ends with dielectric grease, then tied up the harnesses so they can't touch anything.
I also unplugged the NOx box. What did you guys do?
What tunes did you get? I got tow/haul, street and hot street no "extreme" tune on mine?

samsquatch47

Reaction score
With the NOx box plugged in I kept getting codes U05A1 and U05A2 which are the two NOx sensor codes. With the box unplugged at least I don't see them anymore.

MikeH

Reaction score
I've got the same tunes, tow/haul, street and hot street, running hot street,. All my sensors are unplugged tied up, no codes thrown so far.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Found a NOX sensor still plugged in on the rear section of the exhaust. Short test run found the PIP to be a bit more responsive. Ended up cleaning and filling all the plugs with dielectric grease.

samsquatch47

Reaction score
I believe that UXXXX Codes are communication related and could have something to do with bad connection. Just a thought.

Chris

True they are communication codes, but there's nothing to communicate to when all the sensors are unplugged. Ford master tech told me its the truck doing its emission diagnostic cycle, and it's not able to find some sensors and throws a code. The diagnostics should be turned off with the custom tune. There no longer is any sensors to find.

Latest posts

Members online