Best mileage upgrades

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
My financel state has changed and I need to focus on mileage over power, what upgrades are going to boost mpg? Have a H&S with intake and delete pipe ccsb 3.55 gears stock size tires. I'm thinking egr delete steed speed manifolds no limit pipe and intercooler maybe intake manifold and hp batmowheel, also tranny is going to be built as soon as funds become available going with a 1600 stall

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
Very true but I'm going to keep this truck for a very long time And diesel is only getting more expensive just trying to get my in town up 13 mpg is killing me at 4xx a gallon can only imagine what 5 will do.

pog

Reaction score
Prob best to start saving for fuel over upgrades if its that big of an issue, not tryna be an ass. But I doubt you'll increase your mpg to where you can justice those upgrade parts.

pog

Reaction score
How much in town driving do you do? The biggest thing I could see is changing the gearing since you got 3.55 which is best for hwy cruising.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
I should probably rephrase my financel state has moved in a way that I can't afford big power but would still like to mod, also I realized that I should probably save more money ilup instead of spending it on getting into big power number I should use my budget on mpg mods and reliability, still love to modify just got to readjust and be more practical and not shell out 15 k for a reliable 700 hp, 3.55 are bad for in town? In town I only get 9-11 but that's because the extreme hills in my town but I do get a hand checked 20.6 hyw

mortal798

Reaction score
I get 17.6 (hand calculated) almost all the time - driving on a hot tune, but being light on the pedal. I can get almost 19 if I really try - and keep it under 70.

Latest posts

Members online