Beware Interstate Green top batteries

Mdub707

Reaction score
I got 880 CCA batteries from Napa, after doing some research they are made by East Penn/Deak, which are supposed to be excellent batteries. A lot of batteries are just private re-labels. There are only 3ish main battery manufacturers in the USA. I always get a kick out of the guys who swear by one battery brand, but hate another... and they're both made by the same company.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I got 880 CCA batteries from Napa, after doing some research they are made by East Penn/Deak, which are supposed to be excellent batteries. A lot of batteries are just private re-labels. There are only 3ish main battery manufacturers in the USA. I always get a kick out of the guys who swear by one battery brand, but hate another... and they're both made by the same company.

I agree, same with shocks.
I like napa parts and believe they are quality componants. Their brake rotors are pretty damn stout, remanned calipers and alternators from napa are also great quality.
The guys behind the desk tho are another story. Lol
My own fault anyways as i should have researched better before buying the green tops. Napa did take them back on warranty so I really cant bish about it too much.

Mdub707

Reaction score
They should have never sold you those in the first place. Stock batteries are 750CCA, most upgrades are in the 825-875CCA area... can't believe it lasted as long as it did on smaller batteries haha. My OEM motorcrafts lasted around 6 years. These Napa's I have on now have been drained dead several times and they're still kicking.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I let it charge off of a 09 tahoe (work ride with upgraded alt and batt) for 15 mins in between cranks and the starter would barely move the tach. I dont know wich battery is the primary on the 6.0's or if that even matters so i jumped both one at a time.

I know my dinosaur 6.9 wouldnt jump unless you used the passenger side battery.

La Flama Blanca!
Lofl, i need to catch up on this season.

Last edited:

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've had to jump mine from my TDI before... I usually just unhook one battery so it only has to charge one, and I had to let the TDI idle for about 30 minutes charging that one battery. It was painful LOL

I'm so sad the show is over!

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
wTF!!
No more Kenny Powers? I thought this last season (that i missed) would be the opener to a new era of badassed cannonball arm maasacre!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.