Big Oil and Big fuel not so big..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
pop the valve covers off and unplug each injector while its running and see if idle changes..... that will eliminate an injector issue if it is one... unplug icp sensor while its running also... if it changes the idle then its working.. if idle stays the same then icp sensor is bad, just to rule it out... even new ones can have issues..

live life full throttle

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
pop the valve covers off and unplug each injector while its running and see if idle changes..... that will eliminate an injector issue if it is one... unplug icp sensor while its running also... if it changes the idle then its working.. if idle stays the same then icp sensor is bad, just to rule it out... even new ones can have issues..

live life full throttle

I've had a new one cause me a big headache.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
I do have a new motorcraft Icp sensor, I can unplug it and see if it helps. I swapped out the pedal with my brothers and it yielded the same results. The truck now skips when cold or warm until you drive it like there is air in the system. The truck runs down the road on all 8 that's for sure.

I got the termys used but they were gone threw recently by him while adding the remote IPR.

Take a look at these videos, this s how it was running yesterday which was he honest day of the year with humidity.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Position 9 is for the dual pumps which seams to run the same as my php daily and regular GH tunes. Position 8 is the test tune for a smaller nozzels.

boggerr

Reaction score
IIRC there is a difference between the SD and OBS pumps but cannot remember what it is :fustrate:

I see your from Mass. do you ever get near the NJ area? I have AE, if you get near the area we could hook it up and see what's going on.

on edit: Just watched your first video again. Mine was doing the same at idle but with an auto trans you could feel the truck surge slightly. I had my ICP raised at idle which cured that problem.
Maybe Matt could shed some light on that one.

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
I am still not convinced it is running on 8 after watching your videos.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Well I talked to joey before I bought the pumps and he said I was good to go. I will actually be in Warren county next weekend. anywhere near you? I don't so much mind the surge but it's skipping too if you can hear it. I do need a scanner to read pressures, this thing is Noooooo where near fueling much over stock. Here's a video of the truck at WOT in the 80 nozzle tune which is position 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ2IfqJq5V0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

02BigD

Reaction score
I've got an brand new scan gauge sitting here. Pay the shipping and I'll send it up for you to help diagnos the situation. Ship it back when you get it figured out, unless you want to buy it. If that works for you.

Arisley

Reaction score
I've got an brand new scan gauge sitting here. Pay the shipping and I'll send it up for you to help diagnos the situation. Ship it back when you get it figured out, unless you want to buy it. If that works for you.

There is the deal right there. You use that thing for a week, you will buy it. Great tool. Not as good as AE, but right there close to it.

boggerr

Reaction score
Where in Warren County? I'm down in the shore area but have no problem taking a ride. We can set something up or grab BigD's scan gauge, that's a great offer.

After watching those videos and rereading thru the post again I'm thinking along the same lines as Tom said. You may have an injector problem. Hpop shouldn't give you a stumble like that unless the tuning was way off but I highly doubt that.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
That's a rough idle. Definitely sounds like a miss.

I'd pull the valve covers and check with a strait edge to see if all 4 are seated properly on each bank.
Maybe you missed a copper washer or tore an o ring. Then start unplugging them one at a time as mentioned.

Does it throw a check engine light ?

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Thats a great deal! I'd love to take you up on that offer. And I'll be up in Columbia if you know where that is. I've got the money just a little let down that I spent almost 1200 on pumps and it wasn't it. I was hoping that's what it is, I really appreciate all the input though fellas.

And truck does not toss a code

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.