billet low revers hub

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
im in the process of upgrading my tranny and am not sure if i need this part or not.. any information on when/why and how much power these fail at would be VERY much appreciated!

jdgleason

Reaction score
Its possible to break them spinning tires and hooking up quick, or just general shock to the tranny. I think its cheap insurance to be honest. Say you broke anything inside the trans, might as well buy a new trans. Anything you can do to prevent that is money well spent in my opinion.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Its possible to break them spinning tires and hooking up quick, or just general shock to the tranny. I think its cheap insurance to be honest. Say you broke anything inside the trans, might as well buy a new trans. Anything you can do to prevent that is money well spent in my opinion.

Exactly my thoughts JD

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
the deal is dad pays for what it would cost to have the ford reman put in which came out to 52000 and i pay for the difference between that and a aftermarket but he is afraid i am overbuilding and doesn't want me to waist my money, i plan on paying him back once i get a job

Jhaddox

Reaction score
i understand its a good idea, i just need some facts in order to sell this to my dad, need to present a valid argument

Present the argument you can get a fully built one with all the billet parts and a converter for 5700 and it's such a good deal LOL

But people have broken them, it wasn't at just a tune level but other non billet parts have been broken with just a tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
yes sir i understand, i just need specific examples in order to prove it to my dad. By the way i appreciate how much yall have worked with me, i know i have made a lot of calls lol about to call right now actually

jdgleason

Reaction score
I guess you could look at it this way. Your truck came stock with ~260 wheel horspower. On a hot tune, your truck make ~550. You more than doubled stock power output. In a truck as heavy as a 6.4, dont cut corners in the driveline, or it will bite you in the ass.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I agree with JD on this as well. Go big right away and dont look back. You will be happy you did later on down the road.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I guess you could look at it this way. Your truck came stock with ~260 wheel horspower. On a hot tune, your truck make ~550. You more than doubled stock power output. In a truck as heavy as a 6.4, dont cut corners in the driveline, or it will bite you in the ass.

I agree with JD on this as well. Go big right away and dont look back. You will be happy you did later on down the road.

YUP... Better not to have to worry about IF it is gonna take the abuse every time you press the skinny pedal....

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Jhadoxx has a fresh trans with all the billet in it for not much more than the ford reman. I would consider that. Trucks break. "Do you want to have to pay for this again dad?" No son. Problem solved lol

Latest posts

Members online