Blew up the 6.4 @ 90K

a_moore

Reaction score
Heavy hard knock, got stranded near millersburg oh today pulling the tool trailer to cambridge oh.

Truck was acting up, limp mode it seemed to me (0087 low rail pressure). It finally went boom and it was a long day after that.

Stock, dpf and all in place still to honor warranty.

co04cobra

Reaction score
**** Andy that sucks...Ill call you later on tonight.

P.S. I got a few 7.3s on the lot. :pint:

4tonGT40

Reaction score
Heavy hard knock, got stranded near millersburg oh today pulling the tool trailer to cambridge oh.

Truck was acting up, limp mode it seemed to me (0087 low rail pressure). It finally went boom and it was a long day after that.

Stock, dpf and all in place still to honor warranty.
keep us posted on what went south. I have a 6.4 also and im interested to know what went wrong..

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
p0087 is typically related to the HPFP. I got that code along with another one when my HPFP failed at 34,000.

a_moore

Reaction score
p0087 is typically related to the HPFP. I got that code along with another one when my HPFP failed at 34,000.

I was thinking that an injector hung open and melted/destroyed a piston and cylinder.

IDK chit about this motor yet, if they try to screw me on warranty I will be forced to learn. If thats the case it will go back in fully deleted and with a single turbo.

Or maybe a 7.3, or 5.9.

F250stroker08

Reaction score
I was thinking that an injector hung open and melted/destroyed a piston and cylinder.
IDK chit about this motor yet, if they try to screw me on warranty I will be forced to learn. If thats the case it will go back in fully deleted and with a single turbo.

Or maybe a 7.3, or 5.9.

Same thing happened to my old mans 6.4. Ford replaced the whole engine under warranty.

Gearhead

Reaction score
all that oil dilution was brobably a high pressure fuel leak maybe the injector just flooded the cylinder and boom....

Latest posts

Members online