Block heater cord on 05

eng53ine

Reaction score
I've searched with no findings as normal so here's the question, if it was to have a cord where would it be stashed at? Also is the element in the same location that the 7.3 element is?

Thanks.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I believe the 6.0 has the cord on the passenger side. 7.3 is driver side. It is probably tucked up behind the bumper on a clip.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
Should be stashed up front somewhere on the frame or behind bumper or that area. I'll have to see if I have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarrod B

Reaction score
7erymypu.jpg

hapedega.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eng53ine

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm trying to help my dad out he's about 2 hours up the road so I'll relay the info. Really appreciate the help.

Atsah

Reaction score
I don't think he will find one on the 05 unless someone installed one allready..

dsberman94

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm trying to help my dad out he's about 2 hours up the road so I'll relay the info. Really appreciate the help.

if he still has the window sticker have him check it. in 05 ford stopped putting the block heater cord on every truck. the truck had to be ordered with it. its possible the truck doesn't have a cord but the element will still be there.

Ovalboy20

Reaction score
They have the heater installed from factory but without the cord. So all you have to do is go to about any parts store and get one and just plug it in and route it to the front and bingo you got a heater !!! pretty slick

eng53ine

Reaction score
I don't think he will find one on the 05 unless someone installed one allready..

My 06 has the element but no cord

sent while driving recklessly

They have the heater installed from factory but without the cord. So all you have to do is go to about any parts store and get one and just plug it in and route it to the front and bingo you got a heater !!! pretty slick

I'd say you guys are correct but figured it would be worth a check, I think he's expecting it too his 07 ram it was an option as well.
Thanks

eng53ine

Reaction score
if he still has the window sticker have him check it. in 05 ford stopped putting the block heater cord on every truck. the truck had to be ordered with it. its possible the truck doesn't have a cord but the element will still be there.

Ill have him check the dealer he bought from would've left it where most trash it for what ever reason.

Atsah

Reaction score
A lot of people complained that there 05 and up trucks sold in Northern states had the heater and didn't come with a cord.. My 2012 6.2 gasser has the heater and the cord on it from the factory...LOL

eng53ine

Reaction score
Ok thanks I had an 07 equinox that what I'm assuming was a block heater and cord, dug a little on it all I could find was that they came on them if bought in cold weather regions.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I've never seem a gasser around here with a block heater. At least not being used or the owner didn't know it was there. Only seen diesels with them.

Atsah

Reaction score
I've never seem a gasser around here with a block heater. At least not being used or the owner didn't know it was there. Only seen diesels with them.

I was surprized to see it.. I have used it a few times, may as well when it's 10 below, puts a lot less stress on things..

Ovalboy20

Reaction score
Haha all of our gas vehicles out here have block heaters, gotta have it when its 30 below zero :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.