BLOCK TO RUN 2 IPR'S

TyCorr

Reaction score
Somebody on here machined a block to run 2 ipr's for a Gen 3 . Anybody remember who made it?

Several people have. Hrt had a few and Ive seen pics of them.

Hopefully he will see it and comment. I hope I am not wrong about him being one of the fabricators of said machined blocks.

A/Ox4

Reaction score
I seem to recall a major performance name saying that it made pretty much no difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
I seem to recall a major performance name saying that it made pretty much no difference.

Who said it and whose chit were they using? It doesnt make sense that it "wouldnt make a difference". The trucks can sou d like they are stumbling to stay alive after the throttle is applied heavily and chopped shut. Thats simply due to all the oil trying to dump through one valve.

A/Ox4

Reaction score
Dont shoot the messenger. I don't remember who it was and am not going to guess cause I'll be wrong. Searching would probably reveal it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Dont shoot the messenger. I don't remember who it was and am not going to guess cause I'll be wrong. Searching would probably reveal it.

Thats the response you will get when you make a post like that and then conveniently cant remember either point yet claim it was somebody "big" and that they said "it didnt do anything".

Do you not see why your first post was unnecessary after my reply and your subsequent answer to that? You probably should have exercised your right to not post.

To summarize you said "somebody who I cant remember said something I dont remember about something I dont remember".

Im not shooting the messenger but dont stick your neck out like that if you are truly clueless. Tech threads isnt the place to just post unfiltered thought.

A/Ox4

Reaction score
I didn't day someone I don't remember said something I don't recall. I clearly remember them saying it didn't make a difference. I don't know if it was a performance retailer, injector company, or HPOP mfg.

Someone needs to take a chill pill.
I was just adding that this person said it didn't seem to help much.

TARM

Reaction score
You really should have stated you could not recall who it was in your statement as the way it reads its the way many post when they are hinting at a major name people should know. But anyways water under the damn at this point. I have seen a number of setups show it made a noticeable differnce. I know for a solid fact it did with my dual stealths between using one vs 2 IPRs but they were not remote mounted. Not only that but it gives you the option of not having that hot foamy oil going right back into the HPOP Res to be pushed back into the hpop rails and injectors. Not that its a necessary thing all the time. Consider that BTS offers a dual IPR, Terminators come with dual remote IPRs. The Billet Stealths could also be had with the dual IPRs. As far as I know the only large oil you can not get with dual IPRs as a standard option is Swamps and I could be wrong on that. But I bet ya Dave would help get it setup if that is what you wanted and were willing to pay for the extra cost, as it well should be.

Years ago there was alot of debate over dual or single IPRs. Joey took a lot of heat for his single IPR setup but he eventually moved to a dual setup and I have not heard any negatives about idling issues after hard runs etc since that happened. In fact as Joey tend to catch flack at times I have to say I have heard next to no issue with his current systems I can recall. In the day of internet forums and people with crazy expectations that is something very hard to do.

Anyways point is for basically the vast majority of all large HPOP systems to come with it and the few that dont many of the owners later adding them I think tells the story.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Joey at Terminator Engineering...

TARM, as of late 2013 (last time I saw a new T.E. dual hpop) Joey was still using a single IPR.
As well as preaching the pitfalls of a dual IPR setup.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I didn't day someone I don't remember said something I don't recall. I clearly remember them saying it didn't make a difference. I don't know if it was a performance retailer, injector company, or HPOP mfg.

Someone needs to take a chill pill.
I was just adding that this person said it didn't seem to help much.

No. Im not out of chill. Dont make shti stirring threads unless you are going to lay it all out. Perhaps you should have "done a simple search" if thats all it would take to "refresh your memory" about where you heard this.

Your post is a classic forum lead that goes nowhere and never gets resolved.

You wont get a kind response from anybody for that. Take it how you want. I was easy on you compared to many guys.

Im not going to argue with you when my whole point was in my first post to you. You provided no info but wanted to make a statement. The credibility of which hinged on your "source". Which you dont have. Capisce?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes Tarm. I have heard good things from people who are running current revisions of the terminator dual setups. Jason@dynoproven had them on Thuglike. Old man dave has them on his truck as well. Two extreme uses on opposite ends of the spectrum for those duals with exceptional results.

Those are still only dual feed though correct? In other words, one pump, via one line feeds each head? On the termie duals?

"All Terminator kits will be assembled by TE and will be ready for a drop-in installation when you receive the pumps. There are two options for you when ordering a Terminator HPOS. All kits include the Remote-IPR upgrade, which makes servicing the IPR very accessible and easy."

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
I think so on the single feed to each.

I could have sworn I read a post on one of the forums where Joey was talking about....oh wait a minute.... I think he was talking about the remote IPR and I must have just on my own added up it was dual as that is what is almost always the case when people add them on their own. That still does not change my statement that I honestly have not heard anything bad in a long time about his setup even though I do not agree with a few things on it.

Then again I have gotten in peoples trucks that I felt it ran like total crap and when I asked they said no it runs fine this is how it has run and they think it runs great so....... Different standards maybe for what people have been exposed to or their tolerances for certain things.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think so on the single feed to each.

I could have sworn I read a post on one of the forums where Joey was talking about....oh wait a minute.... I think he was talking about the remote IPR and I must have just on my own added up it was dual as that is what is almost always the case when people add them on their own. That still does not change my statement that I honestly have not heard anything bad in a long time about his setup even though I do not agree with a few things on it.

Then again I have gotten in peoples trucks that I felt it ran like total crap and when I asked they said no it runs fine this is how it has run and they think it runs great so....... Different standards maybe for what people have been exposed to or their tolerances for certain things.

To expound, my 00 is a forged rod engine with an as built pcm of nvk4. My 03 which was purchased lightly used in late 03 had a different pcm code (obviously). It was later confirmed that it did in fact have forged rods. Rods aside, the 03 ran like crap compared to the 00. I tried a pmt pcm once and didnt care for it. I realize my tuning is probably written for pmt but im not sure that weighs in here? :shrug:

TARM

Reaction score
Yep that is the one I was thinking of. HTR has something that looks very much the same it just does not have the final mounting cuts in it.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I would think they can't be that hard to make. I have made adapters for Dynisco transducers that operate at 6 to 8,000 psi leak free. We used these to get Reynolds numbers on polymers that we were evaluating on our extruder. The transfer lines were operating upwards of 350 degrees centigrade too and they held just fine. I would take a stab at it if someone could provide a drawing.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
11116961_408142969365298_995601421_n_zpsy5ltufp7.jpg

IMAG0414_zpshfyfon9r.jpg

Mine that i made. Had a few people ask for one just haven't had the time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.