Boost Fooler for OBS?

Reaction score
I know alot of guys on here have said you don't need/no such thing as a boost fooler on the OBS, that you can control it through the MAP. However When rolling down the highway at 65mph, when I go WOT, my turbo cuts out and feels like its wanting to defuel itself. Question is why not just go with a boost fooler so you dont have to have your Tuner even botter with the MAP in that area. Or is there something else going on with my truck?
Truck has 200/100 surflows. These Injectors are FAST!!! About the same as a small hybrid I would say. Stock turbo, aftermarket HPOP... Ect. I have all the supporting mods besdies a turbo.
Thanks for the help and input fellas.
Oh also max the turbo cut out happens right aroun 30psi and up. And the boost needle is all over the place.
Curtis

95powersmoker

Reaction score
When your "turbo" cuts out, are you getting a CEL? And what supporting mods do you have? Fill in your sig so we know... The boost gauge needle fluttering is just the gauge reading the valves. Mine does it.

Reaction score
Yeah I would run a boost fooler. Why do u think u blew a head gasket?

I'm not for sure yet. I just have coolant everywhere under my truck strictly coming from the coolant bottle. Haven't really gone out and looked it through but I just have a feeling.......
Also yesterday I got into it real hard on some back roads and while boosting 42psi.....powwwww! Looking into rear view mirror lost all black smoke, truck started to shake like it was going to stall so I immediately let out of it. Still runs good but I have yet to go romp on it again to see and hope its just a hose leaking or something.
And boost fooler is on its way. Glad I made a good decision.

Last edited:

95-SimpsonOBS

Reaction score
I have a PPE boost fooler that is designed for an LB7 DMax. I got it thru Alligator for about $32. I was getting 14lbs no matter what I did, I hit 20 no problem and have hit up to 29

Reaction score
I have a PPE boost fooler that is designed for an LB7 DMax. I got it thru Alligator for about $32. I was getting 14lbs no matter what I did, I hit 20 no problem and have hit up to 29

Well I'm boosting 45psi at my max I can hit 20psi easily! It won't do it every time. But anything over 30psi is when it wants to begin to de fuel itself.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
97pwrstroke- I think you need to go drive your truck extremely hard, make it replicate what its already done.

Then take it over to Vision Diesel for a stud job :)

woodduck97

Reaction score
97pwrstroke- I think you need to go drive your truck extremely hard, make it replicate what its already done.

Damn for not having much money it must be nice to start ur own shop and have allot of money tied up in 2 trucks.

Reaction score

Duh!!! Just put it on my tab!

Damn for not having much money it must be nice to start ur own shop and have allot of money tied up in 2 trucks.

Whats that supposed to mean?

bad12jr

Reaction score
Mine has hit 38 on my boost gauge but that's up hill under a load. But that's all out with some heat behind it. My will sound something like your describing in my street tune around 80 MPH.

Sent from my DROID X2 chillin somewhere

Latest posts

Members online