boost sender install help

97powerstrokecclb

Reaction score
Hi everyone just looking for a little help with my boost sender install. This is on my 97 f350 7.3. I bought isspro 16000 series boost, pyro, and volt gauges for my truck and starting with boost sender install. My question is how are people installing the electric sender for the boost gauge? The instructions say you can t into the map line or tap the boost elbow. I took my boost elbow off and tried tapping it however there doesnt seem to be much metal there for the threads and most of the threads fell through when I screwed the sender in. The sender doesnt fit in the tapped hole now. I have searched a lot and I cant find much on the electric senders for the obs 7.3's. Is there another way to install this sender or a better way that I am not seeing. I have a hole in my boost elbow now so I was thinking of welding a nut that fits the sender over the hole, but not sure if I will still get an accurate reading? I have ordered another boost elbow off ebay just incase so I have a functional working one until I get this figured out. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

97powerstrokecclb

Reaction score
is it pipe thread? easy to weld a coupler to the elbow

Ok thats what I was thinking, is there an actual coupler I can get to weld on or would you guys just suggest a nut of the correct thread? For some reason I had a mental block and I didnt think I could tee into the map line with this electric sensor as an alternative way. After doing some more searching I found that it could be done with a brass tee and the correct fittings. I have heard the boost elbow or intake y is supposed to be the more accurate way to do it so I will try this first.

m j

Reaction score
it wont be called a 'nut'
IIRC the elbow is steel, if so then a common 1/8 npt coupler in steel can be welded to it, probably by TIG as the elbow is thin

m j

Reaction score
and that will fill the hole he drilled in the elbow how?
sounds like he was trying to do it nicer

97powerstrokecclb

Reaction score
I ordered a bung for 1/8 npt to weld on the elbow. I will being doing it with my mig welder so hopefully it doesnt blow through. If I cant get this to work I will go with the t in the map line. Has anyone heard of any problems with gauge flutter when plumbed into the map line on the isspro ev2 gauges?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.