Brakes..Need Help ASAP

militant83

Reaction score
Earlier today I started noticing a metal metal grinding sound in one of my wheel wells and was unable to pin point which one. The truck needs rear pads replaced however I haven't gotten around to it yet.

On the way home from the store I was right around the corner from the house and when I was approaching a stop sign I applied the brakes and felt a pop and my pedal went to the floor. I let off the pedal to try to steer the truck in a direction away from traffic and tried the brakes again and had enough pressure to come to a stop. I limped it around the corner and in to my driveway where I was able to come to a complete stop.

Anyone know what might have went wrong?

Fluid level appears to be fine and I did not see any leaks, however there is a very strong burnt brake smell coming from the right rear wheel.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Earlier today I started noticing a metal metal grinding sound in one of my wheel wells and was unable to pin point which one. The truck needs rear pads replaced however I haven't gotten around to it yet.

On the way home from the store I was right around the corner from the house and when I was approaching a stop sign I applied the brakes and felt a pop and my pedal went to the floor. I let off the pedal to try to steer the truck in a direction away from traffic and tried the brakes again and had enough pressure to come to a stop. I limped it around the corner and in to my driveway where I was able to come to a complete stop.

Anyone know what might have went wrong?

Fluid level appears to be fine and I did not see any leaks, however there is a very strong burnt brake smell coming from the right rear wheel.

Jack it up and give each wheel a spin, see if a caliper is sticking. When you do your brake job, you a need to put some anti seeze on the caliper slide pins too. I'd do it all the way around the truck, ESPECIALLY if you play offroad/in the mud.

militant83

Reaction score
Ill make sure to have that done when I have the rear pad replaced. I'm hoping it was just the worn pads heating up too much and causing brake fade.

Latest posts

Members online