BTS Trans autopsy..

Reaction score
I am willing to bet that the custom builds for the 1,000 horsepower trucks are probably different than the normal builds. We used to think that all the trannies were the same thing. But I don't think they are. I think that PI has had a seriously bad batch of torque converters since Brian actually doesn't build them himself.

Yes they are built different from my understanding. We have only used a small amount of bts trans but haven't had issues. But that hardly means anything.

Fwiw, we use precision industries converters in every trans we build. I've never had one not work or fail prematurely. But there are different versions of their converters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquidlounge

Reaction score
I've had my BTS about 7-8 years, 50k. Mild set-up and no problems. I would use BTS again. One of my main reasons would be is that they almost specifically deal in the 4100r and they have a passion for these trucks. I'm local to BTS for 3-4 weeks a year and it is amazing how many trucks they do from far away places. It seems like by (most) all accounts, that they stand by what they build - if a business does that, they are going to want to build them so they are not repairing them for nothing down the road.

Layson

Reaction score
Yep I have never had an issue with getting a hold of them or them standing behind their products even if you are not the original purchaser.

Reaction score
Iv ran a bts for 5 years or so now. It has been back one time to be updated. Has 100s of 7 sec passes and several 6 sec passes. I am probably as hard on a trans as you can be drag race, sled pull, and beat on the street in a ccsb truck. Hasnt missed a beat besides a broken OD sprag

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

96F350KID

Reaction score
I'm just gonna chime in and stir the pot. Today if you bought all billet big shafts and aremet shafts the total bill for those is almost $3k.precision industries Con verterans is $1250 by itself. They use 700R stator not Dodge RE but they do look a lot a like. I'm not a trans expert at all but I do understand how much things cost. You also pay for a warranty and nothing lasts forever no matter who builds it. Clutches are made to wear and the size and development of them are only made to hold stock power. You want a bullet proof trans? Find a dump truck trans and stick it under there. Usually rated for 1500ftlbs, you'll never break it....

rsater1

Reaction score
is it still a 4100r or what is it called ..what kind of dump truck ....very interested ???????? THANKS IN ADVANCE

OceanDiesel

Reaction score
Twisted does great work, you'd think it was being built for thier personal truck each time. It's always the first name I say when folks ask about trans work.

Latest posts

Members online