Build questions

josh.williams506

Reaction score
01 F250 ecsb, 4x4 6spd
Currently have swamps tunes, wicked wheel, southbend clutch, 4 in exhaust, and 6637 intake. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the PMR's...
I tow every now and then, not too often but when I tow it's generally 10k+ pounds. I am shooting for a reliable setup that will tow with ease yet be quick enough to please. I don't really have the balls to go for any more than 400 horses due to the rods, so I'm not expecting anything neck breaking fast.

I was thinking:

Reg return
200/30% injectors from swamps
S366 turbo
Intercooler
5in exhaust

Does anybody have personal suggestions, changes, or advice?

bruce

Reaction score
You don't need a 5" exhaust or an intercooler. A regulated return would be more beneficial

ruffneck7.3

Reaction score
I've been considering a similar setup, I don't have pmr's though... When does the s366 need to be wastegated?

golfer

Reaction score
The 200/30s and an S366 are a solid combination...

if you tow...annnnnnd are performance oriented...you will absolutely love that combination.

dirk0

Reaction score
5in exhaust is just stupid.

If you have PMR's, do a RR and call it a day. Unless you replace the PMR's, you're just asking for problems. You said you tow? Keep it as simple as possible. Not trying to kill a turbo\injector sale here, but think about it.

1) PMR's
2) Manual Trans
3) Towing

That right there would tell me to be happy with how it's setup and not push my luck. Otherwise, the thread wouldn't be like this: "Sell me some rods\girdle\turbo\hybrids please!". Which is no small change..

dirk0

Reaction score
Lmao, okay. Ive installed a few kits, and didnt think it was so bad

Do the 5in kits still go from 4in to 5in before the trans crossmember? That was how the kit was that I helped on. It sucked.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
I put the 5" mbrp on my truck in my garage. Piece of cake. Sounds and looks way better imo

ghohouston

Reaction score
For those of us that are less knowledgeable with diesel injectors, what is the reason behind that?

The larger the nozzle, the quicker youre filling the cylinder with fuel/ emptying the injector, less strain to get going, etc... just all around better. plus you would be going to single shots, which use less oil

dirk0

Reaction score
4" downpipe, 5" the rest of the way

We had issues with the pipe around the trans crossmember and the hanger's. I don't remember what brand it was, but it was a PITA. Possible issue with THAT one exhaust? Yes.

Latest posts

Members online