build thread: year of the 7.3s

2000wa250

Reaction score
I've always heard the best way is to fire her up, bring up to op temp, shut down and change fluids and filter. Fire her up and drive a hundred miles or so, then hook up to a decently heavy load and let her eat as much as possible. Lock it in 3rd and let it rev up and down, keep it varied.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Finally got the kinks all worked out. Will be going to the track this weekend to get some numbers. Will only be doing 2wd passes until I get the front u joints and axle u joints replaced. Truck did hit 73psi of boost on the street last night was wasn't wanting to get traction below 60mph, so it seems like it should be a strong runner.

golfer

Reaction score
engine swap thread: year of the 7.3s

sorry...just had to edit the title. :poke:

hope this one holds together!

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score

sorry...just had to edit the title. :poke:

hope this one holds together!

It won't forever. This one doesn't have to live up to much tho since the last one lasted a whole 2-3 weeks. Already working on getting stuff together to build a motor to replace this one when it lets go.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Finally made some passes last night to get a mph. Only was running low 8s but was trapping 86-87 mph at 7500lbs. Just have to get it to launch right, best 60 was a 2.25. Fastest pass was a 8.14 at 86.5mph with a 2.6 60. Based on the hp calculator I used it said the truck was 713hp on fuel

Latest posts

Members online