building the 6.0

Twan

Reaction score
In December I had the #8 rod let go and decided toits go all out on a build. Using carrillo rods, billet cam and stage 1 valvetrain, ported heads, ported manifold, o ring the block and coated pistons and heads. power goals are not set, since I will do the motor build this year then ill do a different turbo set up in a year or two if work stays this good.

Will up data pictures as I go and details.

244.JPG[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 246.JPG
    246.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 86

Twan

Reaction score
Thanks, yep I'm helping when I can.

The next stage will get getting a set of your 225/150's and a set of compounds. Hoping to start that the end of 17.

Twan

Reaction score
That would be sweet you will have solid engine to build on for sure.

That I will, as long as work stays this busy I shouldn't have a problem doing this build. Hoping to get a good 600hp for towing and then 750-800 on fuel. Not sure if ill spray it since I'll still use it for a DD and towing. See how it lives at that power!!

Twan

Reaction score
Want options are there for a full new fuel system? I'm talking from the tank to the motor and back.

Cost kinda left this build. Want to do it once and do it right.

scparrish

Reaction score
I run 75 nozzles on 225s and it can get hot quick. Not sure that I would want to tow anything with a bigger nozzle.

I ran sump>-10 fuel line>water separator>A1000>filter>-8 fuel line>-8 to to two -6 y block>-6 fuel line to heads using 90 degree fittings>same fittings on return side>-6 fuel line>fuelab regulator>-6 fuel line back to tank using a stc fitting to connect to tank.

Twan

Reaction score
I run 75 nozzles on 225s and it can get hot quick. Not sure that I would want to tow anything with a bigger nozzle.

I ran sump>-10 fuel line>water separator>A1000>filter>-8 fuel line>-8 to to two -6 y block>-6 fuel line to heads using 90 degree fittings>same fittings on return side>-6 fuel line>fuelab regulator>-6 fuel line back to tank using a stc fitting to connect to tank.

Thanks. Did you build that fuel system.

What turbos are you running? I'll be going with a 62 and 82 Percision set up.

scparrish

Reaction score
I swap between a 62 and 66. I am hoping to step up to a gtx4294r some time in the future.

Yeah I built that system. It wasn't too bad but if I were to do it over again I would have ran banjos on the back of the heads for clearance. I used all stainless braided teflon lines, more work than push lock but they look nice and they give me the warm and fuzzy when it comes to durability.

Twan

Reaction score
I swap between a 62 and 66. I am hoping to step up to a gtx4294r some time in the future.

Yeah I built that system. It wasn't too bad but if I were to do it over again I would have ran banjos on the back of the heads for clearance. I used all stainless braided teflon lines, more work than push lock but they look nice and they give me the warm and fuzzy when it comes to durability.

Thanks. I'll have to start getting some fuel line together.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Assembling a kit is fine if you know what you are doing.

Personally I wasted a good amount of money figuring out exactly how I wanted to build mine, would be easy to do it again but probably would have been cheaper just buying a kit from marty (sponsor on here) he makes entire kits with Plenty of options if you want to look him up.

Twan

Reaction score
Assembling a kit is fine if you know what you are doing.

Personally I wasted a good amount of money figuring out exactly how I wanted to build mine, would be easy to do it again but probably would have been cheaper just buying a kit from marty (sponsor on here) he makes entire kits with Plenty of options if you want to look him up.

I'll look him up, my problem comes down to time. I travel all the time so don't have much free time to work on it.

Since I decided to do a motor build, change up the interior, change parts on the frame. I'm low on time lol.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'll look him up, my problem comes down to time. I travel all the time so don't have much free time to work on it.

Since I decided to do a motor build, change up the interior, change parts on the frame. I'm low on time lol.

Buying a kit should save you time.

Probably cost me an extra few weeks ordering parts to get everything right when o did mine, but there was no time constraint for me

scparrish

Reaction score
Buying a kit and install it would likely save some time as it is more of a bolt on. Building will likely consume the better part of an entire weekend, if you have a decent idea of how you are wanting to run it. For all of the pieces I probably have 850 to 900 for the entire system, from sump to the regulated return.

Latest posts

Members online