building traction bars

compromised

Reaction score
Just wondering what people think about building there own bars. I have a crew cab shortbox and was wondering if i should follow the angle of the drive shaft from the rear end to the transfercase or follow it from the rear end to the split in the shaft????

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i built my own, follow the shaft angle from the carrier bearing to the rear diff

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I built mine...theyre in that same thread. I also have a build thread over on the other site I'll see if I can dig up

dirtboy25

Reaction score
LOL That reminds me of somebody on here. 600hp and ~1" bars. They turned into a "U" shape after the first launch.

2" DOM 3/16-1/4" wall thickness is the way to go. DOM is seamless and very strong stuff. Most other mild steel tubing, if you look closely in the inside, you'll see a seam. That seam is usually the first part to come apart when flexing alot.

RNicol

Reaction score
I built mine from 2in square tubing 3/16 thick. I cut them at 7 1/2 feet and welded adjustable top links in each end. Front brackets were pretty simple to make with some angle and some 1/4 in flat steel. Rear brackets i used some C channel with 1/4 in ears with holes in them, welded the ears to the C channel and welded the C channel to the axle.. Thought the square look would look good and i like it. Let me know what ya think :ford:
DSC00375.png
DSC00377.png

Latest posts

Members online