Built 6.7 Cost

Kxc

Reaction score
Anyone with completed builds or vendors out there ... what does a 6.7 with forged rods , pistons , cam and valvetrain etc. cost to complete ? If your aiming for 800-900 hp what is the recommended set up for a long block?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Till you do the motor, and supporting mods like turbos, fuel pumps, and a transmission you will probably be at least $20K

Kxc

Reaction score
Gotcha. Never saw that before on the site. So $13k gets you every option on the Midwest longblock, how much power is that good for with the 2 year warranty they mention ?

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I'm doing a build right now on my own using a extremely low mile 15 engine. Depending if you plan on using your existing block it could range from 5-6k to 14-16k that all varies if you wanna do aftermarket Pistons, coating, ect. Also it depends if you are doing it or paying for it to be done.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Gotcha. Never saw that before on the site. So $13k gets you every option on the Midwest longblock, how much power is that good for with the 2 year warranty they mention ?

Mines made over 900 and seen it's fair share of abuse. I'd recommend getting the heads o-ringed if you plan going past 900hp

Kxc

Reaction score
That's bad ass. Is it the truck in ur sig '11 with 66 mm vgt?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mines made over 900 and seen it's fair share of abuse. I'd recommend getting the heads o-ringed if you plan going past 900hp

you think so ? ive never seen a truck lose a head gasket at any power level . i beat the piss out of mine with no issue. possible i guess if there are back pressure issues ?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
you think so ? ive never seen a truck lose a head gasket at any power level . i beat the piss out of mine with no issue. possible i guess if there are back pressure issues ?

I think it's cheap insurance if you know you're going be using a healthy amount of nitrous or compound turbos.

Worst bp I've seen is about 95psi with boost at a little over 80psi. But then again how many people are seeing over 80psi?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's cheap insurance if you know you're going be using a healthy amount of nitrous or compound turbos.

Worst bp I've seen is about 95psi with boost at a little over 80psi. But then again how many people are seeing over 80psi?

yeah , craig hasn't lost one, tyler hasn't lost one, i haven't , but 95 is WAY high . no idea what their gate's are set at or what they have seen for bp though . mine has been around 62 psi/ 78 bp .

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse but I agree with above statements. Built block with fuel, air, trans, and traction bars you will blow through 20k-30k fast. Then theres supporting mods like intercoolers, fuel coolers, oil coolers... I mean you can spend however much your heart desires. I've got a little over 25,000 miles on my setup at 700ish HP. So far so good. And I'm not afraid to thrash on it. That's dirt drags, truck pulling, and dragstrips. Also a far bit of street digs in 4wd. 1st thing to let go was my rear locker which will be getting replaced with a TrueTrac. A properly built 6.7 in the 700 to 900 range will take a good beating if treated properly.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
yeah , craig hasn't lost one, tyler hasn't lost one, i haven't , but 95 is WAY high . no idea what their gate's are set at or what they have seen for bp though . mine has been around 62 psi/ 78 bp .

Ratio of 1.18:1 is way high?

You have a higher bp to boost ratio than I do...

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ratio of 1.18:1 is way high?

You have a higher bp to boost ratio than I do...

nothing to do with ratio. peak bp is peak bp . i had a looser housing but it was laggier . i'm no engine builder , and don't wanna pretend to know what safe bp levels are , but 95 is prolly high enough to need o ringed heads.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online