Built trans codes po766 and p2703

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
Built trans with elite clutches billit input and river city converter 1600 stall, got the code son the second ever full throttle run been shifting into faith at 40mph for the last few days. Any ideas on what's happening? Just a h&s runner on 250 setting

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
Tranny fluid smells burnt.. How is that possible when it never got over 164 trans temp? Truck is running a small tune with upgraded parts so not too happy right now..

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
I was going to clear the codes but the burnt smell scared me so I'm going to take it in and make the guy honor his warranty, it was just a local shop

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Tranny fluid smells burnt.. How is that possible when it never got over 164 trans temp? Truck is running a small tune with upgraded parts so not too happy right now..
Fluid burns from a slipping clutch, not from the trans itself getting hot. The trans can stay within normal temps while a clutch slips. The temperature inside the clutch can go WAY high without getting the whole transmission hot.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Yesterday my truck started throwing those two codes as well and it wont go into 5th gear. Im hoping I can put a new Direct Drive Solenoid in it to cure it. The fluid didnt smell burnt so im hoping thats all it is.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
If the clutches let go I'm going to be upset because there elites competition set and should be able to hold more than a mild tune. On the way to take the truck in this morning it drove awful and thru the codes again plus the b series of solenoid and friction element

MorganY

Reaction score
Those clutches should hold your power easily. It's really tough to find a builder who knows what they're doing with the aftermarket trans parts, had the same thing happen to me. Hate to say it but you probably have some burnt up clutches.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah there's some knowledge about tolerances and measurement needed when installing elite clutches.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
Ya I guess il have him put stock clutches in and turn the chip all the way to factory with a delegated dpf, this experience has killed my performance addiction I just want a nice running truck

NathannialD

Reaction score
Try not to jump to conclusions before the trans is opened up there are a ton of variables that could have caused a problem. Let them tear into the trans and see what exactly happened.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
Talked to the shop and so far they say the fluid is fine and can't find any hard parts damaged so fingers crossed!! Still going to turn her down and spend my go fast money on a street bike later instead of a 8000 pound race car, still plan to follow the aftermarket world for when I retire my truck as a dd and turn her into a weekend warrior

Latest posts

Members online