built trans question

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I'll start off by saying I very limited experience with automatic transmissions so keep that in mind. Anyway I have the opportunity to get my hands on a built suncoast e4od but I want to make sure it's not going to $hit the bed the first month I have it in. I'm rebuilding another cclb with the motor I had from my truck I totalled last winter and really want to go auto this time. The plan was bts but funds dont allow that as soon as I'd like and I can pick up this trans through some trading. The motor in my Sig is what's going in and I'll post a pic of the invoice he sent me for what's in the trans

97f350stroker

Reaction score
PART_1383084769636_1.jpg

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
well you certainly have a few good parts to hold up id say but as I found out the hard way its not so much the hard parts that you rely on its the correct valve body and valve pressures to keep it all together. you need to figure out what HP rating the trans was set up for before doing anything to it. If the valve body wasn't touched and its just a stock rebuild id have someone whip you up a VB for your power range. I had your injectors when I bought my bts which was set up for 500HP(same hard parts as higher hp builds). later on told brian I upped my injectors to 350/200s and he about chit. said it needed a total revamp on the valve body and adjustments to hold such power.

Likely hood of your trans lasting a good while? id say its pretty high depending on how you drive it. will it slowly kill the trans/clutches? you bet

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Well I'm definitely not easy on it and I know myself better to say I'd baby it. So my next question is with a proper vb and upgraded clutches would I have a pretty solid trans for my power level?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I had a Suncoast Trans.....it's more of an over priced stock rebuild. The only reason I went with it because I was in a jam. Save your money and get a Punisher Trans, JW or BTS.

I have the same build sheet as yours. Suncoast didn't even use a full Tugger kit and used re-built solenoid pack. The VB was stock. I replaced the fluid/filter once a year.

Here are the clutches, notice the teeth:
PART_1346373421890.jpg

Here is the Dual Load Support Center
PART_1346282434012.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Well chit gnx that aent what I wanted to hear. I have a cclb 350 zf parts truck and the guy wants to give me that trans plus $1000 for it. Oh and he wants my dual disk too. I just thought with all the billet parts it was a pretty stout trans but like I said I have very limited experience with autos. Maybe I'll just part out that truck and put it towards a bts. I'm a big proponent of doing things right the first time and I want to be able to get in and drive without worry plus have some fun. After all I didn't put that money in the motor for it to be grandma's truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.