Buying a 2016

560puller

Reaction score
Looking at a 2016 350 DRW with the 4.30's and tow package (wide front axle). Any concerns with the trans if truck stays at stock power levels? May shed weight later but plan to tow tractors with it so not looking for more power. Thanks for any thoughts.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Looking at a 2016 350 DRW with the 4.30's and tow package (wide front axle). Any concerns with the trans if truck stays at stock power levels? May shed weight later but plan to tow tractors with it so not looking for more power. Thanks for any thoughts.

it'll be just fine , for a long time !

560puller

Reaction score
Bought the truck yesterday. Get it later this week. Still can't believe difference from my 6.0. I assume there is no need for egt gauge towing all stock? Had to watch old truck on the roads here lots of hills.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Bought the truck yesterday. Get it later this week. Still can't believe difference from my 6.0. I assume there is no need for egt gauge towing all stock? Had to watch old truck on the roads here lots of hills.

Only reason for an egt gauge when stock is if you're worried about cool down when parking or if you're worried about shutting truck off during a regen. I worry about it, but don't think it's all that necessary. There's thousands of trucks driven for a long time with no problems and owners who don't care.

Nice thing is, the egt probe is already there. CTS2, Torque Pro App, or other monitor of your choice is all you need. Plug and play.

Latest posts

Members online