buying a new transmission

AKpowerstroke

Reaction score
Has anyone had any good luck with ATS transmissions? A friend of mine has one in his 900+ HP cummins and its holding up really good. Also their 5 year warranty looks pretty good too.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I have never heard anything good about ats, I heard from them not honoring their warranty to the trans not lasting. I would stay away

MossBack

Reaction score
Has anyone had any good luck with ATS transmissions? A friend of mine has one in his 900+ HP cummins and its holding up really good. Also their 5 year warranty looks pretty good too.

I know of a 830hp cummings with 38k miles on number 11 ats transmission. I am talking him into a BTS with pcs controller. But for a 5r rrudys gets my vote!

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I know of a 830hp cummings with 38k miles on number 11 ats transmission. I am talking him into a BTS with pcs controller. But for a 5r rrudys gets my vote!
Tell him to get TRE to build it. My brothers truck dynoed 833 at the wheels and he drives it to work every day and does a ridiculous amount of street racing. He had one issue with it but it was fully warrantied!

MossBack

Reaction score
Tell him to get TRE to build it. My brothers truck dynoed 833 at the wheels and he drives it to work every day and does a ridiculous amount of street racing. He had one issue with it but it was fully warrantied!

Thanks the truck is a 09 common rail 250 industrial injectors and 66/83... This time ats sent out the 5 speed so we will see. Honestly trying to get him in a 6.4l

ncollins64

Reaction score
I'm loving my Midwest comp trans from Morgan. This thing hasn't skipped a beat from big power and always shifts and performs awesome. Plus his customer service is some of the best.

3brorce

Reaction score
Thanks the truck is a 09 common rail 250 industrial injectors and 66/83... This time ats sent out the 5 speed so we will see. Honestly trying to get him in a 6.4l

5 speed? Maybe you mean a 47/48re which is a 4 speed.

dmkolb

Reaction score

Yep Love my stage 5 ATS full of billet parts. Holding up just fine to lots of abuse. Going to be hitting the track again in a couple weeks. Plus you can't beat a 5 year, 500,000 mile warranty. Unlike most other warrantys that covers labor as well. But haven't needed it. On the dyno we made 782 RWHP but we think it has more in it. Ran 12.3 quarter in Spokane when track temps were 100 degrees. I live around Seattle so I'm hoping "key word is hoping" I can get into the 11s when we run it here in about a week. But I couldn't be happier with my ATS trans, and TC.

I read online a lot of people say they know a guy or I have a friend but most never talk about first hand experience. It's always hear say or rumers. I have spoken to ATS on the phone several times. Talked to them at a couple events and they are top notch. I asked so many questions about "what if this happens or what if that happens senarios" and the responses I got were awesome. Just an example if I'm out doing boosted launches which is extremely hard on tranys and break an input shaft the only thing I'm going to have to pay for is the input shaft and ATS will pick up 100% of the labor costs at my shop which happens to be an autherized ATS installer and repair shop. They also cover 100% everything if I smoke the clutches or smoke the TC which has taking a beating as well. Most other guys will be stuck with the labor costs and if they need to send the trany out somewhere the shipping costs. For me it was a no brainer I went with ATS. I couldn't be happier and that from first hand experience from someone running their trans in my 6.4L every day.

Now if I was closer to Morgan as I bought most of my stuff from him I would have gone with one of his tranys. Nothing at all against him I just didn't want to take a chance and break the trans and then have to get the trany back to him for repair. It's stupid expensive to ship a trany across country.

Last edited:

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I can read this conversation too assholes lol. I'm still looking into DTS, they told me 4k installed on full billet, raybestas clutches, and dpc converter. At that price, even if it's junk it's almost worth it just to have all billet parts and DPC converter... Still haven't made up my mind though

swinky

Reaction score
Or an extra thousand for a twisted trans. We'll be drinking beer with daryl and the twisted boys at Rudys, You'll be convinced then.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.