Buzzing noise from under dash?

MoonShiner

Reaction score
On my '02 F350........there is some kind of module located right beside the plug-in for the brake controller....it has an electrical connector on it.

It will intermittently make a loud buzzing noise that stops instantly when the brake pedal is depressed........any idea what this is called.......... and what the fix is?

MoonShiner

Reaction score
OK here is the best picture I could get........(click pic to enlarge)
the suspect module is the black one located adjacent to the gray brake control connector.....(behind it in the pic)
IMG_0111.JPG

79jasper

Reaction score
Yep. Check the hazard switch. They sometimes fail and try engaging, then do exactly as you described.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MoonShiner

Reaction score
Yep. Check the hazard switch. They sometimes fail and try engaging, then do exactly as you described.

Thanks.......I was using the hazards to help troubleshoot.......again it would buzz continually/intermittently......... as long as the switch was on.......touching the brake stopped it......engaging the hazards made it work properly as well........
Popped the cover off and pulled the relay while it was still buzzing........replaced it and it seems OK :redspotdance: .......this is my flat bed dump truck so I don't drive it as a DD........we shall see.....:shrug:

pdumont01

Reaction score
The hazards if left on do something weird to the converter Lockup. I had to swap my flasher to the turn signal spot, the kids hit the hazard switch I didn't know. Driving down the hiway I noticed something was weird with my trans not locking tcc,but after I hit the hazards off trans was functioning normally. Anyone else notice that?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

pdumont01

Reaction score
Backfeeding into the BOO switch, which affects converter lockup.

I am now having a problem when I turn on my turn signal to switch lanes the converter unlocks. Any idea what's could be going on?

pdumont01

Reaction score
Ended up being a burnt turn signal bulb on the right side. Converter only unlocked when left blinker was switched on. Changed both the bulbs all better..

Latest posts

Members online