Cab Question

2wd-fire

Reaction score
What are the cab differences in the 99-07 cabs and the 08-10> is it the core supports?

99-04 don't have the spot for 6.4 pcm. 2008 cabs also have ac box inside the cab. The plastic tray under the window is different size. Whinsheild motor is different. Back window is receded on 08 and up those are just some of the stuff I can think of. What you trying to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselfreak1710

Reaction score
Does anyone else know much about this, I did some research and talked to a dealership about the cabs and they said the same cab was produced from 99.5 to present with only minor differences. Differences that can be swapped over. So there basically saying that 99-13 are all same cabs. Has anyone done an older cab on newer frame.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
haven't done that swap before but the 05 and up cabs have the pcm slot in the cowl that would be needed. the a/c box would be something to contend with...I have put 08 back halves on...cut them on the a pillars and across the front floor pan, there is a seam right there. that way you could keep all the wiring and core support stuff unless that is all trashed too.

dieselfreak1710

Reaction score
Really, that would work out good. How is that structurally to the cab in terms if it were in a accident? I think that might be the way to go.

co04cobra

Reaction score
haven't done that swap before but the 05 and up cabs have the pcm slot in the cowl that would be needed. the a/c box would be something to contend with...I have put 08 back halves on...cut them on the a pillars and across the front floor pan, there is a seam right there. that way you could keep all the wiring and core support stuff unless that is all trashed too.

If you wanted to keep the 08 front and use a 99-07 cab that is the best route.

Structally, if done correct would be just as strong as factory. There are some differences in the rear pillars and floor pan areas. Where the door sill plates etc.. go. However, it is all minimial changes.

dieselfreak1710

Reaction score
Ok, great thank guys for your help. I'm having a body shop do the work I just don't have the time right now. So once this is all done all my interior should switch right over.

Latest posts

Members online