Cales live tuning

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
This weekend I made the venture all the way down to Spokane for live tuning with Cale from Tyrant.

The best decision I ever made ! After building the motor and never having it run 100% and installing the PCS and it having little issues I was at wits end with the truck.

Poor mileage, minor glitches in the PCS a bad idle and a tuner that wouldnt update my tunes to try and work out the bugs before finally telling me its not our tunes its your injectors. Cale fixed all these issues and the truck I visioned having in my head during the whole build process is what I left Spokane with last night.

Having more power, a stable idle, less smoke, a trans that functions 100% properly and better mileage was well worth the nail biting drive down thinking it was a mechanical motor issue as I sent my injectors out, put a new turbo, new oil system and new fuel system on it trying to get rid of the worst idle issue that my tuner said was my injectors.

If he reads this and knows who he is, next time tell your tuning guy when someone says my one set of tunes idles fine at a higher idle and less ICP and yours make the truck sound like a junkyard POS. Please just try updating the tunes before spouting off about how my injectors are toast and you refuse to tune my truck any further.

A huge thanks goes out to Nate@Unlimited for the upgrades on the sticks and dealing with useless parcel service (UPS)
As well as Ken (Diesel Dawg) for organizing the event and being a great host.

And Cale for the tunes. Truck runs great, on the way down I used a tank and a half of fuel and the one tank got 514km out of it with an 1/8th tank left.

I made it all the way home on one tank last night 664km and I still have just under a 1/4 tank left.
Truck idles great, and the PCS tune you wrote shifts better then ever ! For anyone considering new tunes Cale is the man to call.:bowfast:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Glad ita running great for you! I know how frustrating it is to have a bad running truck and the joy you get out of driving it once it's fixed right and you can really enjoy it

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Dan I'm glad your truck got squared away. It definitely left the house as a different animal. Cale learned a lot about tuning this weekend and he is a pcs genius!!. Wad great meeting you guys, you all are welcome down anytime, and thanks for the Gibsons!!

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

907DAVE

Reaction score
Poor mileage, minor glitches in the PCS a bad idle and a tuner that wouldnt update my tunes to try and work out the bugs before finally telling me its not our tunes its your injectors.

This seems to happen waaay to often. Glad you can enjoy your truck again!

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Everything good everyone hears about Cale.is spot on. Very nice guy to deal.with

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thought about coming up...

In fact I told Joe I was in town just to mess with him...

Didnt think I would fit in with most of the crowd...LOL

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ken, Thanks again.

It is a different animal, love it. BD dyno day in 2 weeks and drag racing started this month. Time to run er.

Joe you should have come up. We had a nice group shesh about timing tables you would have loved LOL.

Dave all it needed was an experienced hand to work the kinks out.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Thought about coming up...

In fact I told Joe I was in town just to mess with him...

Didnt think I would fit in with most of the crowd...LOL

I told Joe to tell u to come over. He showed me your texts LOL. I even told him I wouldn't have been surprised if u did show up

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Ken, Thanks again.

It is a different animal, love it. BD dyno day in 2 weeks and drag racing started this month. Time to run er.

Joe you should have come up. We had a nice group shesh about timing tables you would have loved LOL.Dave all it needed was an experienced hand to work the kinks out.

Man... Nothing like a tease...:cursing:

I told Joe to tell u to come over. He showed me your texts LOL. I even told him I wouldn't have been surprised if u did show up

I thought about it, but I had subs working saturday and sunday, and if I get caught not being on site (if something were to happen) its bad juju...

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
It sux I broke a sprag in the TC. Trans is definitely showing it in its shifting

1badpsd

Reaction score
Cale called me late thursday/early friday and said you guys were alright lol and his tunes are spot on. Ill be goin to visit him agaim soon for some live tuning just as soon as my s476 goes on

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Cale called me late thursday/early friday and said you guys were alright lol and his tunes are spot on. Ill be goin to visit him agaim soon for some live tuning just as soon as my s476 goes on

LOL he isn't so.bad either

Milford

Reaction score
Keep us informed on that 476 and how it runs. Thats the turbo im most likely going with. Ill just be starting out with some 250/200s or maybe 300/200s. Leaving room to grow into that turbo.

joebob3093

Reaction score
im loving the new tunes! cale does some great work. i could not be happier with the tunes he made me.

it was great to finally put alot of faces with names, it was a really good weekend.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
It sux I broke a sprag in the TC. Trans is definitely showing it in its shifting

Ken get it fixed and go try out cales fuel707 at the strip LOL

It was good to meet you Dan, glad you went back a happy camper.

You to Derek. Did you guys get yours going good ?

So, elevens?
Hopefully, if not I asked Cale if it was nitrous friendly :evil:

Keep us informed on that 476 and how it runs. Thats the turbo im most likely going with. Ill just be starting out with some 250/200s or maybe 300/200s. Leaving room to grow into that turbo.

I have to drive around the turbo in a few situations, I personally think unless its strictly a toy go with a 71mm. However it pulls like a mutha***ker !

im loving the new tunes! cale does some great work. i could not be happier with the tunes he made me.

it was great to finally put alot of faces with names, it was a really good weekend.

Hell ya Joe ! Lemme know how she does at fast specialties.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Why did you decide to go with a pcs? 2002 truck? I'm at wits end with trans tuning of my 2002 truck.. 2 built Bts trans in under 20k each Time done. Has to be the trans tuning.. Craig has me 97% convinced to go with a pcs..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.