Canadian 08 F350 Harley Build

m j

Reaction score
the wastegate dumps from the uppipes right out to the downpipe? I expected it to feed the big turbo

tbsimmons

Reaction score
This is cool. Nice numbers. On the heads though I have not heard of this type of thing for dry runners only wet runners. When it's just air I have seen just smooth runners not mirror smooth though.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Codyj

Reaction score
the wastegate dumps from the uppipes right out to the downpipe? I expected it to feed the big turbo

Yea, thats how they initially plumbed in the wastage. We talked about changing it, but left it how it is.

Codyj

Reaction score
I don't have much more information on the head work, as price and specs go. DFC Diesel quoted me on a fully built long block. They sent off a set of heads to get flowed, once they get the numbers I will post them up.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Definitely leaving some power on the table by not feeding the big turbo with your waste gate exhaust. If you ever get a chance to revise that I would

Wizbangdoodle

Reaction score
Swore I saw your truck in Whistler this week. At least one that looked just like it.

Nice build btw.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I don't have much more information on the head work, as price and specs go. DFC Diesel quoted me on a fully built long block. They sent off a set of heads to get flowed, once they get the numbers I will post them up.

Any word on flow numbers?
This was the shop in Edmonton, correct?

Codyj

Reaction score
Awesome build, would love to see it in person sometime as I'm a fellow Victorian!

Thanks man! I just got back to town and will try to hit up some of the Vancouver Island Diesel Enthusiast meets (if they have any coming up). You can also PM me and maybe we can meet up some time.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I sent Matt an email today asking for a quote on re-porting my heads, and flow testing them afterwards.
I watched all their machining vids...frickin cool!

borsky

Reaction score
I toured the shop mind was blown. when they build a set of heads the valve seats are set within .003 of each other deck heights are within .003. no one comes close to the precision of those machines. some of the machines were the only ones in north america.

Codyj

Reaction score
I am really happy with the longblock that I got from Matt and the guys at DFC. They were great to work with and build one hell of an engine. They really helped me out with a quick turnaround. BD Diesel pulled my engine, sent it out to them and had it back abbotsford within two weeks. We were rushing to have the truck back together for a dyno event and matt really pushed to have it done right away.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.