Canadian play/drag truck build

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Sick!! Love that color, very original. Goodluck with the rest of the build man, should be a lot of fun for sure.

devdiesel

Reaction score
Typo on my end Mike, it's the stage 2 valve train package: springs, push rods and colt cam

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

devdiesel

Reaction score
That's good to hear mike, I've heard good things about all the parts I have sitting here, definitely looking forward to tearing into it on Monday, possibly tomorrow. Thanks for the input Kind, I was hoping you would chime in, how many leafs do you still have in the back? I took the overload plus one more and am impressed with how well it squats already just leave a light. What gears and rear diff would you guys recommend? It currently has 3.73's and the factory LSD... 3.31's and a tru trac?

devdiesel

Reaction score
Made quite a bit of progress this afternoon, more than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily things came apart on this truck, had the cab up in no time, tranny is on the ground and ready to be sent out, and the majority of the motor is stripped, should have it down to the block tomorrow night

devdiesel

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1397442621563.jpg

Kind

Reaction score
That's good to hear mike, I've heard good things about all the parts I have sitting here, definitely looking forward to tearing into it on Monday, possibly tomorrow. Thanks for the input Kind, I was hoping you would chime in, how many leafs do you still have in the back? I took the overload plus one more and am impressed with how well it squats already just leave a light. What gears and rear diff would you guys recommend? It currently has 3.73's and the factory LSD... 3.31's and a tru trac?

I did the same as you with removing the overload springs plus one out of the pack. You'll want to ditch the 3.73's, unless you want to rev to 4500+ by the end of the 1/4. When I was running 1/4's with 3.55's I was at 3900 by the traps. I'm going to install 3.31's. I'm also running a trutrac but there are other good options as well.

devdiesel

Reaction score
Cool, I think I'll go with 3.31's then and probably a true trac, everyone seems happy with them... After pulling the cab tonight my brain is going, everything looks extremely clean and it ran beautiful before I pulled it apart, what would you guys do: a) just do air upgrades, lp fuel system, studs and tranny for now and wait until I have my other motor rebuilt with the hd pistons etc... B) do the air, studs, tranny AND dual fuelers/ 60%'s that I have sitting on the shelf and hope for the best?... Any input is appreciated, time is the important part as I want it running and tested before TS

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Nice looking build! Love the shop wish I had that for my build lol Ever think you'll make it into a short box? Looking forward to seeing this truck around some of the events this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devdiesel

Reaction score
It's matte silver from 3M, their 1080 automotive vinyl Morgan, I use it quite a bit, heck when we repaint equipment now (CAT's) I do the black in vinyl, much quicker/ clearer.... And I have thought about a shorty Ty, maybe during the winter but the look is really growing on me as it is... It will get back halved at some point though

08twinturbo

Reaction score
These 2wd's are incredibly fast. Mine has 3.73s as well. From a 35-40 roll you can bust the tires loose in 3rd with a h&s 300, afe cold air, and 4 " dp into 5" exhaust. I'm at the point where I need to get it to hook before I add anymore. The acceleration when hooked up is like a rocket!

devdiesel

Reaction score
Made some progress on Friday, was hoping to get farther along this week but Easter events have prevented that, got the heads back and the tranny is built and back. I tore it all apart and was pleasantly surprised with the puston/bore condition. Passenger side is studded and all back together, drivers side is almost done just need to paint the rocker box and valve coveruploadfromtaptalk1398030240647.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398030266829.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398030284498.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398030323813.jpg

devdiesel

Reaction score
Last week I also got the fuel lab mounted and most of the fuel system mocked up, just waiting on a few fittings uploadfromtaptalk1398030409248.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398030435925.jpg

Members online

No members online now.