Carli Leveling kit with Timbrens or other

Clean-15

Reaction score
For those of you who have added a supplemental rear bumpstop to your Carli kit with full springs, can anyone comment on if any mods were needed to mount the bumpstop to the Carli bumpstop extension?

Which brand works well and is easy to install and remove quickly?

My truck is a 2015 with a pintop leveling kit with full rear springs and I will be pulling a 30ft bumper pull trailer with a weight dist hitch. Its about 6500lbs dry.

Thanks in advance!

Jomax

Reaction score
Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i bought the the replacement rubber for the firestone version of the aircell/timbren style of stops and made a bracket to attatch them to the frame. i think they where 30-35 bucks a piece. do i gave less then 80 bucks in my setup.

live life full throttle

Clean-15

Reaction score
Airlift aircells.

I can swap from those to my factory bumps I'm 5min.

Best part vs timbrens is you don't need to jack the rear of the truck. The aircells snap in their cradle.

Best tool to own is a Milwaukee 12v impact. Makes it a breeze.

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...e+12v+ratchet&hl=en&ei=CVKfVcDMG8WWygSFvIWQDQ

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This sounds like what I'm looking for. Could you snap a pic of them on your truck?

2015 CCSB Lariat
Carli Pintop Leveling kit w/ full springs, 37in Yokohama Geolander AT/S's on 18x9 Fuel Trophy's, AMP boards and bedstep, 3M chip on front end and rockers.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Clean-15

Reaction score
i bought the the replacement rubber for the firestone version of the aircell/timbren style of stops and made a bracket to attatch them to the frame. i think they where 30-35 bucks a piece. do i gave less then 80 bucks in my setup.

live life full throttle

I like this idea too but that might be more fab than I can handle.

2015 CCSB Lariat
Carli Pintop Leveling kit w/ full springs, 37in Yokohama Geolander AT/S's on 18x9 Fuel Trophy's, AMP boards and bedstep, 3M chip on front end and rockers.

Jomax

Reaction score

live life full throttle

Do you still have to jack the truck up to made room to remove the timbrens? I had them on the dually and hated that.

Jomax

Reaction score
This sounds like what I'm looking for. Could you snap a pic of them on your truck?

2015 CCSB Lariat

Yup give me a sec.

Jomax

Reaction score
With aircells removed out of cradle,
20150710_110240.jpg

With the bumps in, didn't feel like snapping it back in and getting dirty, but you get the point how it mounts.

20150710_110301.jpg

Only thing I can say that's a negative is, I towed a heavy fifth wheel for a friend and the bumps almost fully compressed. Never had that happen with timbrens, but then again these aren't solid rubber. But for your trailer, these should be perfect.

Jomax

Reaction score
Here's a pic of them being used, now I can add more spacers so it'll hit the aircells faster, but I wanted a better ride when I would unhook the trailer without having to remove them.

Yes it's squatting, but I had three trailer tires in the bed, one 37in spare, a skidsteer fork attachment, And tool box.

Trailer has as you can see is the skidsteer (weights 8400lbs) and two atvs, the red one weights 1,000lbs.... so they work pretty well..

20150709_100134.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
nope. it's a bolt up through and the nut on top.

live life full throttle

My problem was being you have to go through the timbrens to get to the bolt, it was nearly impossible without unloading the springs.

Clean-15

Reaction score
With aircells removed out of cradle,
20150710_110240.jpg

With the bumps in, didn't feel like snapping it back in and getting dirty, but you get the point how it mounts.

20150710_110301.jpg

Only thing I can say that's a negative is, I towed a heavy fifth wheel for a friend and the bumps almost fully compressed. Never had that happen with timbrens, but then again these aren't solid rubber. But for your trailer, these should be perfect.

This is exactly what I needed, thanks! I was wondering about the brackets that seems to come with them that goes between the frame and the spacer pucks. Looks like you just tossed them. Glad I asked because I see a clear reason to try the air cells over the timbrens. Thanks much!

2015 CCSB Lariat

Jomax

Reaction score
This is exactly what I needed, thanks! I was wondering about the brackets that seems to come with them that goes between the frame and the spacer pucks. Looks like you just tossed them. Glad I asked because I see a clear reason to try the air cells over the timbrens. Thanks much!

2015 CCSB Lariat

Buy that 12v milwakee, it makes life so much easier! I have a tool bag with my bumps stops and tools just for this.

Latest posts

Members online