Carli radius arms or PMF 3/4 link?

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
I do not plan on getting a new truck until I see what the 2017 Super Dutys look like (and motor wise), but it will either be a '16 or '17.

In the mean time, I am trying to figure out exactly what suspension I want for either truck that I may go with. I am hung up on either Carli radius arms or PMF 3/4 link. My trucks see little towing and minimal off road, but I do enjoy a good ride and knowing that I could go out and get after it, if necessary. I do not drag race, so I think a 3 link would serve me much better than a 4 link, but wanted to include it too.

Other parts of the suspension include (so far):
Icon 2.5" coil springs
PMF or OUO traction bars
PMF steering stabilizer
Icon trackbar
Fox 2.0 shocks
Other incidentals

One last question, one the traction bars. Does one type perform better than others? Meaning, does the weld on perform better than the block mounts or axle mount? Gussets? Why?

Thanks all

TripleE44

Reaction score
I've got the PMF 3-link, icon coils, Carli Fox 2.0's, PMF adjustable track bar, and PMF traction blocks. I've had multiple people in my truck that didn't believe it would ride better than factory until they were in it. My dad being one of them, has always said I was crazy until he rode in it and told me it was better than his stock 6.7.

I'm under the impression the 3-link provides a little more responsive steering than the 4-link. They're both going to articulate better than the factory arms though. I don't think the carli radius arms are a bad idea(they certainly will take a beating), but the adjust-ability aspect of the other options are really what sold me.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Your setup is roughly what I am shooting for. A factory ride or better and a bit of height would be perfect.

The Fox shocks you have, are they factory or custom valving? What height traction blocks did you go with for the 2.5" Icon coils? Why blocks over weld on axle setup?

Im going to add a question for everyone, I currently have a Ready Lift leveling kit. It included "sway bar frame mount spacers, bump stop extensions, carrier bearing spacer". None of these high dollar kits include these things, why?

TripleE44

Reaction score
Your setup is roughly what I am shooting for. A factory ride or better and a bit of height would be perfect.

The Fox shocks you have, are they factory or custom valving? What height traction blocks did you go with for the 2.5" Icon coils? Why blocks over weld on axle setup?

They're the Carli Commuter ones, so they are not the off the shelf valving. They're intended for little off road but mainly for a good street ride. I went with 4'' traction blocks, just because I was going to have blocks either way, and it all being in one piece just seems more solid to me.

Im going to add a question for everyone, I currently have a Ready Lift leveling kit. It included "sway bar frame mount spacers, bump stop extensions, carrier bearing spacer". None of these high dollar kits include these things, why?

The sway bar spacers, brackets or extensions will be needed. I have some from PMF that I got in their kit. I think most kits include them but they label it as misc parts in the "box kit," but it may also be one of those things that's not a huge concern when you aren't going very high.

Bump stop extensions did come from carli with my shocks, but I never bothered when I ordered the kit from PMF

Last edited:

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
I see that PMF offers the sway bar spacers, but must have glanced over the rest. So, you're running the misc extra parts on top of what you mentioned in your first reply?

Thanks for all your help.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I do have the sway bar brackets installed, however the bump stop extensions are still sitting on my shelf. The way I drive my truck, I've never been too worried about getting fully compressed. I think that covers everything I have.

I'll be honest though, I called Trevor at PMF and told him what height I wanted and let him fill in the rest. That's what I would suggest you do when the time comes. Just get it all from one place and you have someone to double check your list for you.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Yeah, I will for sure. I can guess and Google all I want, but someone that does this day in and day out will always know best.

Thanks again.

Still looking for idea on what style traction bars are best, if anyone else is following this.

Latest posts

Members online