case of beer reward

s10mike

Reaction score
im offering up 1 case of beer reward for anyone that can figure out my map lights!! all worked fine, i replaced bulbs in my maplights with LED bulbs. as i was screwing the rear housing back up, i put one screw into the wrong hole and blew something. ALL fuses in The fusebox are good. underhood, vanity, and dome light all work still. everything still works except map/reading lights. i pulled the housings back down and tested for power. just like i fugered, power to dome light, none to maps. theres gotta be some kind of fuse somewhere. if YOU can help me out, and it works, ill send you the money to buy you a case of beer by paypal. no sheet, i aint kidding. frickin driving me nuts

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Are all the wires there? Does one wire supply power to the three bulbs? You may have cut the wire(s) that give them power.

s10mike

Reaction score
all wires are there. one blue hot for dome, one green hot for maps, one black ground. my truck has 2 map lights, one dome for front, same in the back. was all working until i put the screw into the wrong hole, then pop, quit working. theres no power in the green hot wire. blue has 14.5 volts. even if the prongs were pushed out, (theyre not), i should still have power in the wire. gotta be a fuse or something somewhere

powerstroke95

Reaction score
Check for continuity (ohms) between the map light power and the ground. TThen also check continuity at the bulb and the fuse that wire is on (should tell you if its open)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online