CCV Mod ?

Cratos

Reaction score
On the ccv box there are 2 parts that come from the valve cover what does the second (rear one) one do drain back for the oil?
I am thinking of using a catch can and making both fittings with hose going down to it, if necessary?? Then back up top to the turbo or out the back. Anyone using the catch cans? If so witch one seems to trap more oil fumes and oil?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4567.JPG
    IMG_4567.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 115

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
The front port on the CCV setup is for oil drain back. The rear port(closest to the firewall) is the actual CCV feed

Cratos

Reaction score
so would I want to put fittings in both ? ( for more air flow)I plain on #12 an fittings down to a catch can if I can find one that works good enough then out.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Well the front port for the drain back is only a 1/4" hole or so in the bung. Not going to get much of any flow out of that port unless you were to enlarge that port. The problem with doing that is the valvetrain is directly below that and you will have excessive oil escaping through that port without a baffle. Granted I understand the purpose of the catch can but making it work at 100% capacity doesn't seem beneficial in my mind. I'd personally plug it off

Latest posts

Members online