CCV reroute issue

travisH3

Reaction score
I did the CCV reroute and today I was down at the local track with friends and when towing my buddies truck back to shop(blown trans) there was a car parked behind me and a guy said I had an exhaust leak, well when you shine lights at my truck the haze from the ccv is pretty noticeable. Id rather not be sitting at a stop light and people thinking the wrong thing and my truck looking like somethings wrong. will plumbing this into the exhaust at a 45 degree angle help with the haze at night or will the haze just come out the tail pipe? which would be better anyways because it wont look like the truck is leaking something or smoking under the bed. thanks for the help fellas!

johnp115

Reaction score
Mine is like that.

I'd rather be able to have mine in sight, so If it were to start dumping or show bad signs id notice.

A lot of people run them all the way to the back.

travisH3

Reaction score
Mine is like that.

I'd rather be able to have mine in sight, so If it were to start dumping or show bad signs id notice.

A lot of people run them all the way to the back.

mine is ran almost to the back tire. I would rather see it as well to make sure I know the line isnt pinched and what not.

What we do on the 7.3s a lot is run it into thing thing mounted on the frame(link below) then run a line out the other side back to the intake.

http://m.tractorsupply.com/en/store...stainless-steel-screen?localStore=REDDING,+CA

I like that, only issue is now my no limit intake doesnt have a spot for CCV but I could always make one. I will ride it out and see what i thinks best. will a catch can get rid of the smoke you see at night?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Mine is in the exhaust. The fitting is cut at a 45 and its angled in the ex at a 45. Id rather have it coming out the exhaust because I couldn't stand seeing the hazing coming from all around the truck and I didn't wanna smell it. Now you can't even tell it.

ghohouston

Reaction score
A catch can won't do anything for the blowby. I ran mine in front of my fuel tank, you could definitely see it through headlights or when it was warm outside, didn't really bother me though

Stroked777

Reaction score
A catch can won't do anything for the blowby. I ran mine in front of my fuel tank, you could definitely see it through headlights or when it was warm outside, didn't really bother me though

The catch can is so you can return it back to the intake without putting the oil in there

dsberman94

Reaction score
The catch can is so you can return it back to the intake without putting the oil in there

Exactly. Just so it's not vented to atmosphere. I've been told putting it in the exhaust isn't good either as exhaust back pressure is greater than the ccv pressure.and pressure doesn't car about angles.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Exactly. Just so it's not vented to atmosphere. I've been told putting it in the exhaust isn't good either as exhaust back pressure is greater than the ccv pressure.and pressure doesn't car about angles.

How much back pressure can be in say a 5 inch system after the dp? I would think it would work in a way to suck the gasses out of the crank case

HOOV3R

Reaction score

Do a little research on the Bernoulli Principle.

How much back pressure can be in say a 5 inch system after the dp? I would think it would work in a way to suck the gasses out of the crank case

It doesn't have anything to do with back pressure. It's all in having enough exhaust velocity to create an area of low pressure at your scavenger fitting. This area of low pressure works like a vacuum, pulling out the crank case gases. The higher the exhaust velocity, the more vacuum.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Do a little research on the Bernoulli Principle.

It doesn't have anything to do with back pressure. It's all in having enough exhaust velocity to create an area of low pressure at your scavenger fitting. This area of low pressure works like a vacuum, pulling out the crank case gases. The higher the exhaust velocity, the more vacuum.

Didn't Wayne do some testing with this on the 6.4's?

Latest posts

Members online