CDL section?

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Been busy over here in my corner, Haven't had time to give this thread any attention. But here's another bump..

abbottfarms

Reaction score
we got a big storm yesterday and ended up with 3 rigs in the ditch jack knifed and everything on a 1mile stretch of hgw. :(

It's amazing how many truckers can't drive in the snow, or don't know enough to say the heck with it and take a break and let the roads/weather clear up.

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Last Monday we had a decent storm, saw some trucks stuck and off the road. It wasn't the local trucks stuck it was the roadie's...

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Still haven't managed to grab the power's that be's attention yet I guess...Oh well, here's another BUMP...

abbottfarms

Reaction score
536066_586860131331222_423208665_n_zpseb323403.jpg

abbottfarms

Reaction score
I was really hoping this would get more attention then it is. Seemed to be fairly busy at the other place, until we all came here.

Jason

Reaction score
Just like everywhere else...trucks get overlooked and ignored. Treated with diadain, whatever you wanna call it.

On another note....i've been part of the ltl local crowd for awhile now, and I can say I wouldn't ever go back OTR. Get paid for everything you do, paid vacation, don't get hassled by DOT, in fact, I got a level 1 Thursday night, and have not ever had such a positive, well treated experience with DOT since I have been in trucking. I run linehaul nightly, home every morning..kick back, set the cruise and just ride, no stress, although hooking and breaking down doubles gets monotanous, I wouldn't trade it.

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Just like everywhere else...trucks get overlooked and ignored. Treated with diadain, whatever you wanna call it.

On another note....i've been part of the ltl local crowd for awhile now, and I can say I wouldn't ever go back OTR. Get paid for everything you do, paid vacation, don't get hassled by DOT, in fact, I got a level 1 Thursday night, and have not ever had such a positive, well treated experience with DOT since I have been in trucking. I run linehaul nightly, home every morning..kick back, set the cruise and just ride, no stress, although hooking and breaking down doubles gets monotanous, I wouldn't trade it.

I can say I agree with this statement, I hauled oversize/specialized OTR years back. Money was fair, but I hated the OTR lifestyle. I hardly leave my state anymore, and I can still be gone away from home for a few nights at a time.
Glad you found something you like doing and can make a little money at. What are fuel prices down your way right now? We're at $4.099 most places near me, however I did see $4.439 in Portland, Me the other night when I was down there moving loaders and hauling snow.

Jason

Reaction score
$3.69-$3.89 in most places around here. I go to Dallas every night, and surprisingly, it has been cheaper there. I believe last time I noticed, it was $3.4x a gallon there. We fuel at our hubs, so fuel price sort of gets over looked sometimes.

abbottfarms

Reaction score
$3.69-$3.89 in most places around here. I go to Dallas every night, and surprisingly, it has been cheaper there. I believe last time I noticed, it was $3.4x a gallon there. We fuel at our hubs, so fuel price sort of gets over looked sometimes.

I buy in bulk, and have it delivered to my tanks at my shop, last delivery was $3.819, get a little break, but not as much as I wish I got.

Dieselgeek

Reaction score
Drive this truck daily. Haul anything from equipment, pallets, to boulders/slabs of stone.

E_2012.12.20%252C23%253A49%253A36%252C925_34C1294E.jpg

E_2012.12.20%252C23%253A49%253A55%252C353_F3CB8225.jpg

Nothing compares to driving the cabover though... That thing makes a man enjoy driving a conventional!

IMG00096-20100226-1426.jpg

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Yeah, I've never been a fan of cab overs. I guess they still have there place, but you don't see em much anymore. Isn't freightliner the only one that still makes them? I don't think there available here in the U.S. unless you order them. I could be wrong though.

Latest posts

Members online