changing it up again

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
Well head gaskets went south again so I'm going to change some stuff when i pull the cab here soon I have a few questions for some big HP guys

#1 I had oringed heads (black onxy gaskets) pretty sure thats what let go, but are these heads reuseable if they check out

#2 thoughts on diesel sites hpods with 225/100?

#3 should i get arp 625 or just cheaper ones

also need some prices on valve springs and push rods and a intake manifold

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
Well head gaskets went south again so I'm going to change some stuff when i pull the cab here soon I have a few questions for some big HP guys

#1 I had oringed heads (black onxy gaskets) pretty sure thats what let go, but are these heads reuseable if they check out

#2 thoughts on diesel sites hpods with 225/100?

#3 should i get arp 625 or

#1 not sure of
#2 no, dual pumps or good set of hybrids
#3 extreme studs or 625s

WPE for a ported intake manifold

Take ur pick on springs and push rods

Just my opinion ..

Last edited:

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
Im sure someone is. And if u get crazy with some spray I'd reccomend a good set of rods. Mine lasted 2 1/8 mile passes on stock rods.

And yes WPE is top notch

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Shawn, I recommend an RCD Thumper hpop. will maintain oil pressure to full 4,000 with 225 conventionals. If you want to step it up the Thumper 2 is good for 295 conventionals. We will be testing the Thumper 2 and a set of 250's here shortly.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Shawn, I recommend an RCD Thumper hpop. will maintain oil pressure to full 4,000 with 225 conventionals. If you want to step it up the Thumper 2 is good for 295 conventionals. We will be testing the Thumper 2 and a set of 250's here shortly.

Why not just test the thumper 2 with 295 conventionals, instead of 250's?

At least people would know they are safe if they go with smaller injectors, instead of "You should be ok".

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
because the injector can only flow so much without modifying other parts or destroying others. That is just the plan for right now, things may change, very shortly. Craig and I are sitting down today to discuss.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
let me know if i can help you out with some extreme studs. by far the best bang for your buck.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Couple members are running the extremes in a 6.0. No problems yet. And one runs his truck down the autobahn.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score

:naughty::naughty:

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score

I'll gladly bring my truck back down to do that testing.... LOL LOL instead of putting "that other" hpop back in.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have two in stock if anyone needs one :)

Hellen Keller sent this?

Triumph1188

Reaction score
Why not just test the thumper 2 with 295 conventionals, instead of 250's?

At least people would know they are safe if they go with smaller injectors, instead of "You should be ok".

I'm on the same page as you are, how do you know its good for 295s when it hasn't been tested on 250s yet?

Not ripping on anyone, I really hope it works. But to say it should be good for 295s seems a little premature.

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
I talked to scott at ucf machine shop and i think i have settled on getting them to build the short block

balanced assembly
coated pistons
stage 1 colt cam
ported oringed heads
hamilton valve springs
rods ( was thinking hypermax)??

along with

rcd thumper 1 pump
225/100
push rods
h-13 extreme studs
keeping my 9180 efr
wpe intake manifold

anything else you guys think i should add while im there?

my once concern with the thumper 2 is how reliable it will be with a street truck

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I talked to scott at ucf machine shop and i think i have settled on getting them to build the short block

balanced assembly

coated pistons

stage 1 colt cam

ported oringed heads

hamilton valve springs

rods ( was thinking hypermax)??

along with

rcd thumper 1 pump

225/100

push rods

h-13 extreme studs

keeping my 9180 efr

wpe intake manifold

anything else you guys think i should add while im there?

my once concern with the thumper 2 is how reliable it will be with a street truck

Run RCD rods and our valve springs and your set ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.