Check coolant additive light??

nick0360

Reaction score
What's up with this notifaction everytime I start my truck and how do I get rid of it "check coolant additive" I read somewhere you can reset it but couldn't figure it out

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
It pops up every 15,000 miles of so. Best thing to do us stop by the dealer have them test the coolant for proper PH. Normally they don't charge for that.

If that does not work out you go into the gauge information , vehicle, then check coolant and hold OK to reset.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Mine came on around 14k and I took it to the dealer for the PH test. They had it for a few hours and it was all set, but I paid for the service, which was around $50.

nick0360

Reaction score
I'll try resetting it maybe do my own test, try to stay away from dealer as much as possible cause I'm deleted

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Mine came on around 14k and I took it to the dealer for the PH test. They had it for a few hours and it was all set, but I paid for the service, which was around $50.

That is a crock. It literally takes 30 seconds and a test strip to test. Had my 2011 tested a few times never charged once. Try to locate your own test strips and do it yourself if that is how they want to play.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
That is a crock. It literally takes 30 seconds and a test strip to test. Had my 2011 tested a few times never charged once. Try to locate your own test strips and do it yourself if that is how they want to play.

Thanks I agree with you that it is bullish!t. I'm still learning about the truck so will try to locate my own strips and do the test myself the next time.

iTwitch250

Reaction score
Any one got a pic to use as a reference when using the test strip? My dealer has the strips but nothing no reference to tell if additive is needed.

carcare

Reaction score
At first even second interval it will be fine. Resetting it is completely ok as long as no one has contaminated the coolant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online