Check engine IDP custom tuned No limit cold air

Black 4.6 Beast

Reaction score
My check engine light turned on on my 2014 F350 I'm running Innovative diesel Custom tunes and No Limit Fab stage 2 cold air ! 3 days after the install of the cold air check engine light kicked on throwing 2 codes P2073 = manifold absolute pressure/ mass airflow -throttle position correlation at idle
P00BC = mass or volume air flow a circuit range / performance - air flow too low

Im thinking its a tune issue but called innovative diesel and they said to replace my mass air sensor and let them know if check engine light still comes on after ! Anyone have any input on this or heard of the same problem ?? Thanks in advance

higherlife

Reaction score
I get a similar code with a similar intake. Not sure with powerstroke but there is some tuning that needs to be adjusted when the diameter of the intake gets so big.

colecoop56

Reaction score
Ask Eric to disable those codes. They are pretty common with that setup. After the codes are disabled the truck runs a lot better.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ask Eric to disable those codes. They are pretty common with that setup. After the codes are disabled the truck runs a lot better.

yep, its just a growing pain of maf size. only some have gotten it , but almost all tuners have been updating for it.

Dwburroug

Reaction score
I was wondering how long it would be till I started seeing these threads. I tried speaking with Mike from No Limit about how it is impossible to change the Maf housing size without adjusting tuning to compensate for it ...plain and simple...its physics. He did not agree with me and was avoided all discussion of the topic despite me spelling it out. I don't disagree he has made a fantastic flowing intake....but it should only be marketed as a custom tuning required product. Not a bolt on intake like a s&b or afe etc.

Your Mass Air Flow Sensor has one job which is to attempt to tell your ECM the ammount (mass in grams/sec) of air going into the engine. Mass is a function of density, which is known for air at all temperatures, and volume. So really your MAF needs to know temperature and volume. Temperature is easy and is measured in various places in in intake stream. Volume is all we need then. So to find the volume of something flowing through a tube or opening you only need to know two things... The speed/velocity it is passing through the opening and the area of the opening.

This is where this intake design fails. You have significantly changed the area of your Maf housing without compensating for that in your Maf g/sec tables. This in turn requires various other parameters in your ecm to go to the far ends of their correction ranges to compensate for the invalid Maf data. Then guess what happens when you get the smallest variation and you are already at the limit of your correction ranges? You can't correct anymore, you throw codes, you run the engine far from optimal. It's not the right way to do things. Can your ecm compensate 90% of the time? Probably. That other 10% your going to be throwing codes because the ecm is fighting itself and can't correct any farther.

-An engineer who understands ecu's

Black 4.6 Beast

Reaction score
Give them a chance to, I'm sure they'll get it straightened out.

I'm not bashing either company I Love Innovative diesel tunes it's my 3rd truck tuned by them and love the No Limit Intake was a huge gain u could feel it right after install ! Just trying to find out if anyone else had the same issue and I'm sure Eric will fix it

CATDiezel

Reaction score
To sum up the engineering explanation.... the bigger the hole the slower the go (regarding the movement of air threw the pipe)

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
To be fair to Mike that's exactly how he markets his intake. He doesn't recommend it for otherwise stock trucks. If people choose to use it that way that has nothing to do with Mike or his product.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.