Clean Titled Truck w/ "No Accidents" and Frame Connectors?

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Hey man, not stupid at all. I learned something about these trucks from the thread! Glad it worked out for your buddy, he must be breathing a HUGE sigh of relief now.

mandkole

Reaction score
Id agree... I went and looked at my truck also. You threw yourself on the spit for be betterment for all.... lol

co04cobra

Reaction score
Here's how every 99-07 SD started life. LOL That section of frame is not cut just for more future reference.

P1080551_zpsa107c14c.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
Here's how every 99-07 SD started life. LOL That section of frame is not cut just for more future reference.

P1080551_zpsa107c14c.jpg

That would make a 4x4 swap really easy to just get a frame and separate it there and do the same on the other truck.

co04cobra

Reaction score
4wd and 2wd frames are all the same. So that's all a bolt in job without having to split the frame. That changed the frames some in 08 but still bolt in for that swap. We converted a 12' last week to 4wd.

On that build we converted a 06 Ex-cab C&C truck to a ec/sb. Also converted it from a 6.0to a 7.3 and a auto to a manual. :ford:

Here is that frame back together and you can see the cab in the back half of the pic. We left the original 06 4.10 front and had a matching 05 4.10 rear from a gas truck.

So that was kind of unique to since you couldn't get 4.10s in a srw diesel truck.

P1220365_zpsf1551edc.jpg

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
What kind of paint do you use in your frames? Getting ready to blast and paint mine and have always used a satin finish but that gloss is lookin pretty good.

co04cobra

Reaction score
What kind of paint do you use in your frames? Getting ready to blast and paint mine and have always used a satin finish but that gloss is lookin pretty good.

From a company called Kimball Midwest. I want to try POR15, on a whole frame, sometime in the future.

webb06

Reaction score
4wd and 2wd frames are all the same. So that's all a bolt in job without having to split the frame. That changed the frames some in 08 but still bolt in for that swap. We converted a 12' last week to 4wd.

On that build we converted a 06 Ex-cab C&C truck to a ec/sb. Also converted it from a 6.0to a 7.3 and a auto to a manual. :ford:

Here is that frame back together and you can see the cab in the back half of the pic. We left the original 06 4.10 front and had a matching 05 4.10 rear from a gas truck.

So that was kind of unique to since you couldn't get 4.10s in a srw diesel truck.

P1220365_zpsf1551edc.jpg
good lord, its like custom building a truck haha what did that cost?

co04cobra

Reaction score
We do a lot of custom builds. Until this year it was always in house, never for customers. We would build a truck that we knew would appeal to the clientele in our are and they always sell.

We sold this truck for 25K when it was finished.

At the first of the year I opened another shop to start offering repair work and custom builds for the public.

You can come to the parts yard pic, your cab and bed config, suspension, engine and trans, pick engine mods, color scheme. Leave a little cash and come back a few weeks later and drive away. :ford:

Freightshaker

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424062249.786780.jpg
We do work in a structural plant. It's neat watching the process from a roll of coil steel on the back of a semi to fresh dipped frames hitting the tracks. The engine area of the frame is usually similar to one another and they are made as a sub assembly. Then from the splice at about the firewall back the frames differ in lengths. The plant we do work in builds gm cab chassis van frames and extended van frames. They can be pretty short or really long but the front clip is all the same. Also in the plant while building and shipping the frames, the tags are right side up. The factory puts the frames in vehicles upside down. :D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424062126.181669.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424062126.181669.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 56

Gearhead

Reaction score
From a company called Kimball Midwest. I want to try POR15, on a whole frame, sometime in the future.

You might want to try the KBS.... it is designed by the same chemists that engineered por-15 but with 2010 chemistry.... it is way more UV resistant and if you want a show quality finish forever, they have a top coat as well that is 100% UV resistant...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.