Clicking Noise Under Dash No Interior Lights

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Okay so I have this electrical problem with my 7.3 has a clicking noise under the dash with KOEO and when the key is and motor on. Only does has clicking noise if I wash the truck or if it rains. Now it got so bad that none (ie backlights) of the cluster work. but the gauges and warning lights (WTS low fuel etc) work. Parking light flickers AC panel lights don't work. I been reading that the water goes down the pillar and the water gets into the fuse panel and fries it internally. What you guys think? No Blown fuses in power junction box under hood or under the dash.

HKusp

Reaction score
Have you or the previous owner ever had the windshield replaced? If so, I would suspect a leak and it is running down the firewall and getting the fuse block wet. One of the relays is not liking it and clicking. Have you checked to see if there is any water on the fuse block inside the truck when this occurs?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Gem

Sent from the murder mitten

If the gem is trash, so is the fuse panel.

To the op-replace your cab lights and get you windshield resealed. Then have fun chasing down all the sbit the water ruined. 01 and newer trucks have a body control module behind the center dash and the older superduty trucks have a gem that is bolted.directly to the back of the fuse panel. That clicking you hear is a relay. The circuit that its switching is being shorted out by water and its giung from energized to de-energized and the result is the relay goes on off on off onoffonoffonoffonoff ad nauseum.

If you are washing your truck.and getting it to happen you have a huuuuuuge leak. Carpet has to be trashed and moldy. Seat brackets and cab floor will be getting rusted out. No bueno.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Have you or the previous owner ever had the windshield replaced? If so, I would suspect a leak and it is running down the firewall and getting the fuse block wet. One of the relays is not liking it and clicking. Have you checked to see if there is any water on the fuse block inside the truck when this occurs?

If the gem is trash, so is the fuse panel.

To the op-replace your cab lights and get you windshield resealed. Then have fun chasing down all the sbit the water ruined. 01 and newer trucks have a body control module behind the center dash and the older superduty trucks have a gem that is bolted.directly to the back of the fuse panel. That clicking you hear is a relay. The circuit that its switching is being shorted out by water and its giung from energized to de-energized and the result is the relay goes on off on off onoffonoffonoffonoff ad nauseum.

If you are washing your truck.and getting it to happen you have a huuuuuuge leak. Carpet has to be trashed and moldy. Seat brackets and cab floor will be getting rusted out. No bueno.

Gem

Sent from the murder mitten

Thanks guys so the GEM and the fuse panel? I had a leak on the top of the driver side and I resealed it. Could there be any wires shorting out? or its just a relay?. Thanks guys for the info.

HKusp

Reaction score
Take a hose and run it where you resealed it. Then go into the truck and see if you can find where the water is running. I would confirm it is coming from the windshield and then call an autoglass company to reseal it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Lol... Or compressed air instead of causing more problems with water....

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Lol... Or compressed air instead of causing more problems with water....

ill use water and cause a tsunami in my truck LOL Haha nah I'll take it to the dealer because they have to fix my trans and AC they f***** up my AC when they checked the injectors the first time. AC was blowing cold until they took it apart and now it doesnt hold the AC oil. Could ford and or another company reseal the windshield at the dealer while its there?

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
What is it? Got a link to what it entails?

Here you go.

TSB 04-23-9

11/29/04

WATER LEAK - ROOF FLANGE AREA - WATER
ACCUMULATION IN HEADLINER AND/OR LEAK AT
THE CAB FLOOR PAN AREA

FORD:
1999-2005 F-Super Duty
2004-2005 F-650, F-750

ISSUE
Some 2004-2005 F-650/750 and 1999-2005 F-Super Duty vehicles may exhibit water entry into the cab through the roof to roof flange seam, at the A-pillars. Customer may describe as water accumulating in the headliner, floor pan or bulkhead area.

ACTION
The leak may be verified by running water (sheeting the water) over the left and right side roof rail area.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Will they still honor that? Thats from 04.

They probably wont just because they can blame it on age now.

Latest posts

Members online