Clutch question

DieselP814

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm sure there is a thread out there somewhere about this but I haven't found it. Just want your guys opinion, I recently picked up a 96 eclb with a zf5 in it and the good quality dual mass flywheel is shot. What's your guys thoughts Was looking at sb and valair there lower hp sinle disc clutches think sb is rated 375hp and valair is 400hp? trucks stock now eventually gonna have basic bolt on's exhaust intake tunes etc just gonna be a daily ans occasionally tow something any help would be greatly appreciated

DieselP814

Reaction score
the low end singles appear to be reboxed Sachs with a 100% markup.
after my 475 SBC blew up I went with a Sachs ceramic K70263-01CB , but I think it is a bit grabby for a daily.

my clutch thread http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38813

Hey thanks for the input i don't know what I'll do now cause I don't wanna do this twice if there gonna slip. Looks like gonna have to fork over a little more change to get a better one. Was gonna try and stay single disc though

02strokin

Reaction score
Do it rite the first time go dual disk an get a Kenny's dual disk way cheaper then sbc an better I think I've ran both an love my Kenny's!

lengelhardt

Reaction score
I love my Kevlar ceramic single disk from valair. It's not that grabby for me. Between me and my buddy we have ran 4 from valair with no problems. Plus Dan backs up his products really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
No need for a dual disk unless you plan on going big. As there are single disks out there that can hold PLENTY of power without being a pain to drive like a SB DD can be. As I understand though, the new Valair street DD's are supposedly less grabby and quieter. I ran a South Bend stock replacement clutch and grenaded it with just tuning. Went to a valair single disk ceramic button and love it. Haven't been able to put a lot of power to it yet much past whats in my sig but it drives great. They are rated at 600hp/1100. Just put the same clutch in a 6.4 running Innovative tuning and exhaust. Holds beautifully.

DieselP814

Reaction score
Hey guys bringing this thread back up. I decided to go with a kennys single disc ceramic/Kevlar clutch rated for 450hp. Been running it for few weeks now and seems to work awesome. Only thing is the gear rettle noise when the clutch is released. From what I'm reading it's considered gear rollover, anyone else expierencing this issue. Sounds like the throw out bearing is out of it but people are saying it's normal. My brother has a 97 7.3 with a south bend that's a solid flywheel and his doesn't make any noise what's so ever anyone else got this noise?

DieselP814

Reaction score
Well thats why they had a dual mass flywheel to dampen the shock load and vibration and when you put a solid flywheel your getting all that noise rattling back through, just weird cause mine is the first one I heard do it. Everyone looks at it like the throwout bearing is toast

Latest posts

Members online